Spring Break Getaway?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for a 2-3 day getaway 3rd week of March for me and the wife. I recalled this thread from a year ago:
http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?113393-Lazy-M-Cabins&highlight=getaway

with some good cabin recommendations. Am leaning toward Arbuckle or Wichita Mountains but open to all other ideas. Someplace with a cabin to relax, some sites to see, maybe a little hiking or historical places to visit. Just want some place nice to relax but the wife will want to do or see some things.

Thanks.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might I suggest Hot Springs Ark. My wife and I went there for our anniversary a couple years ago we stayed at the 1890's williams house a B&B just off of mainstreet. There is a lot to do you can go to the bathouses, there is a lake close by. There is a cool little gangster museum at the edge of town. It ranks as one of our best trips ever. Tons of stuff to do.

http://1890williamshouse.com/

Get one with a jacuzzi tub in the room. Your wife will thank you..:hey3:

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second Hot Springs as that is where we are headed. My Aunt has a condo on Lake Hamilton so we stay for free. There a lots of shops downtown and nice mountain you drive up and tower you can go up in. Lot's of go carts and putt putt. Magic Springs is there which like Frontier City. They have duck rides there as well as Oaklawn Park horse track. Pretty cool little town.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might also look in to Medicine Park...it's not too far away, it's got cabins, it's purty, some nice shops for the wife and a couple watering holes on the main drag for you to hang out at while she spends money in them, and one hell of a big-azz hamburger just up the road in Meers at the Meers General Store.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might also look in to Medicine Park...it's not too far away, it's got cabins, it's purty, some nice shops for the wife and a couple watering holes on the main drag for you to hang out at while she spends money in them, and one hell of a big-azz hamburger just up the road in Meers at the Meers General Store.

This one got my attention while searching online last night. Leaning strongly toward traveling SW.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can never think "Spring Break" without mental images of bikini'ed ladies cavorting in the surf, or midriff-baring snow bunnies riding the blues on their boards...

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eureke Springs Ark. Is nice, Inexpensive and has alot to do. Horseback riding, music shows, The play "The Passion of the Christ" War Eagle Mill not far from there, A cat sanctuary with Lions and Tigers, And some other stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom