Springfield XDS 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigkev84

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my hands on the new Springfield xds 9mm last week, and tonight finally had time to take it out and shoot it. All I can say was WoW. Very nice trigger it has and extremely accurate. Only one time the slide failed to lock back after last round. Other than that no issues. Awesome gun! Good job Springfield.

bigkev84

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, LC9 has a long trigger pull and snappy for me being only a 9mm. My friend bought one recently and sold it instantly because of those reasons. You should go rent and shoot it first.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having had both I can say dont waste your time on the LC9. Its a bit smaller but not nearly as well engineered. XDs is a better gun hands down.

Mhostetter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the XD line of pistols and own several. I just haven't been able to get excited about the XDS's. I realize they are a quality product but they haven't shown me they are worth the asking price.

N8VE

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have a 4.5 xdm 9mm myself and have been extremely happy with the quality since day one. I am interested in what the LC9 has to offer but as well as the XDS, I would like some opinions as it would be for my girlfriend to start out with. She needs a subcompact pistol to start out with, her hands are way too small for a full size pistol.

bigkev84

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 4.5 xdm 9mm myself and have been extremely happy with the quality since day one. I am interested in what the LC9 has to offer but as well as the XDS, I would like some opinions as it would be for my girlfriend to start out with. She needs a subcompact pistol to start out with, her hands are way too small for a full size pistol.

Stay away from LC9, she won't like it at all. She will be happier with xds 9mm if you can get one. If not, try out the M&P Shield 9mm. Can't go wrong with either or. Plenty of other sub compacts out there as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom