stance/grip help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sight it for your intended distance. Then you'll know what adjustments to make.

Given your handguns, it sounds like you'll need to drift the rear sights.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a glock wouldnt be my pic for a first gun (my opionon) and i dont want to piss any glock guys off:sorry1:, but classes or go shoot with some of the guys here, there a good helpful bunch...

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's held every 3rd Sunday night. Heartland is located on Kelly avenue just north of 2nd st in Edmond. Sign in starts at 5:30. The range closes at 6:00 at which time we clean up then set up our 4 stages. We shoot until about 9:00-9:30. Then I read off the scores.then we draw names for 2-5 $50 heartland gift cards. The round count is no more than 18 rounds per stage or 72 total rounds but you could need more if you miss. The 1st and 2nd matches took about 50 rounds. Bring 100 and you will be good to go. You will need a holster. If you don't have one for your Glock I have an extra one or two for a G17/34/22/35. I don't know if your G36 will fit in those because I don't know what a G36 is. 357??? but I think the G19 will fit as the small frame flicks ate pretty similar in size, I think? You will also need at least on mag pouch but 2-3 is better. I have a bunch and Id be happy to loan you a couple for the match. Here is a link to tbe OSA thread about it. http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88248

here is a link to my videos from the first two matches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuZpmTb01sY&feature=youtube_gdata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFz-nkO1YfQ&feature=youtube_gdata

let me know if you have anymore questions. These matches are a great way to learn more about shooting, get more proficient with your pistol, and meet a bunch of good people. I was in your shoes back in February 2009 and Shooting these matches has done a world of good for my abilities.

Hope to see you there.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 19 will fit in the 17 holsters.

The G36 is the single stack .45ACP I don't believe it will fit in any of the other holsters but I could be wrong.

LurchYNWA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I don't have the g36 anymore. I traded it for a g19 as it is a better fit for my hand. (I am 6'8" and the g36 was a too small for me.)

I have to check the calendar to see what is going on. Are spectators allowed (if I don't make in time to sign up)?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can sign up until we start shooting at 6:15-6:30 or if you know your going to be coming I'll sign you up ahead of time. Spectators are definately welcome just bring your eye and ear protection.

There are some good training videos on you tube of SIG Sauers pro shootet Max Michel. He does a real good job of breaking down how he does it all so well. Here is a link to the first if 5 videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgByPFHCpQE&feature=youtube_gdata

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are spectators allowed (if I don't make in time to sign up)?

If you go to watch you will kick yourself in the ass for not signing up. Matches are great fun and your only real competition is yourself. Shooting is a great community, the more experienced shooters are always open to helping out a newbie with gear and advice and as far as I can tell there are no judgements passed about anyone's shooting skills...well, until they get to know you...lol. I suck, but I really enjoy the matches, beats the hell out of trying to punch the center out of a target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom