Stargazing Vacation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s pretty country out here but the beef isn’t as good as ours. The cows we’ve seen are smaller, the better cuts of meat at meat markets wouldn’t cut back in Oklahoma. But then, we also don’t have some of the cool things they have here. Snow in the close background in June is purty cool.
7aaeb0172cf5d59e94a7fe74101ef52e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Late big snows in that country this year. Record breaking. Lots of water coming down the streams for the first time in years I'm reading.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we got what we came for; some fantastic views of the clear, star filled sky. We set the alarm for 3:00 am and went out to sit on the balcony; it’s pitch black out, except when you look up. the Milky Way is stretched across the sky, there’s about a bazillion stars in the sky and it’s a sight I haven’t seen in many years. This is what it’s supposed to look like; what it looked like to people for all time before us; before electricity and artificial lights polluted the night skies. So many people, and I think most kids especially have never seen this. Wow. I wish my crappy time lapse photos were worth a damn, I’d share with you guys.

It’s also like 40 degrees out there too. This shorts and flip flop thing ain’t quite cuttin’ it.

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A star-filled night sky or a campfire provides better entertainment than any electronic infotainment device. IMHO.

When you find a truly 'dark' place, it's amazing how many satellites you notice streaking by!

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of the vastness of space, the loneliest feeling I ever had was when someone who was talking about the unending vastness of space, the billions of galaxies, and countless stars out there - asked us to consider what if we are the only people in the universe ...

Woody

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of the vastness of space, the loneliest feeling I ever had was when someone who was talking about the unending vastness of space, the billions of galaxies, and countless stars out there - asked us to consider what if we are the only people in the universe ...

Woody
Although we may be the only “people”, I’m pretty sure we aren’t the only intelligent life.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another gorgeous day in the mountains of Colorado. Off to Bishop’s Castle a little later this morning. It’s about 40 miles from where we are so an easy trip.

Had dinner last night at the Alpine Lodge. Very nice mountain location. Great service, nice people but the food...just average. It’s just not as good as back home, but the best they have. We’re about an hour west of Pueblo, CO so it’s a bit of a hassle and expense to truck things in, so you gotta keep things in perspective here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom