State Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the teacher raise thing, I've heard Boren make his case for it, then I saw how much higher ed and common ed would get out of that $615 million dollars. How many times do we have to have some new scheme from gambling to the lottery to "fix education" in this state and then we turn on the news and these teachers and kids STILL don't have any money??? This will cost citizens an average of over $400 a year in additional taxes so now that raise is cut down to only $4600 which barely puts us in the competitive salary range for the region. I think our teachers need to be treated right but this is just a sloppy fix with a bunch of unintended consequences cuz the legislature would rather kick the can down the road on hard decisions.

It seems unreasonable that K-12 teachers subsist while affluent college professors look to get cut into a new revenue stream. All the opportunity funding is pushing education out of the range of affordability for more and more people. Poor young people with a worthless education and a debt they can never repay. Sad.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have, many times in the past, Sams does it too. I dont darken their door anymore.

Sam's however, it a club that you join. You sign a contract with them where you agree to allow them to search you. Read the fine print. Refusal will result in the cancellation of your membership. While my wife does have a Sam's Club membership, we are willing to have it revoked if they ever try to search us.

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little back story on OK's "archaic" liquor laws. Prior to prohibition, many breweries owned and/or controlled many aspects from production to distribution to bars themselves (where u could only purchase their product at said bar). The laws we have were developed to breed competition and help local economies by having residency stipulations, no franchising, etc. While needing updated, we don't need to do away with all of them.

HarveyDanger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shouldn't have anything to do with the distribution system, rather that it's an unpasteurized beer and according to our law, can't be sold cold. Fat Tire is the same way.

Most beer is unpasteurized so that's not true. It's about controlling freshness and that it has to sit hot in the hands of 3 separate entities before you can buy it

Only part I care about is allowing breweries, especially local, put their beer in the hands of people who will treat it correctly. All the breweries I know of support this

And I honestly don't care about if your liquor store goes out of business because you won't specialize and you're the exact same as the 5 other liquor stores in a square mile. If my restaurant doesn't set itself apart it will go out of business so the same should be true of the liquor monopoly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom