Stealing a wheelchair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sorry this happens to you, it sucks but no doubt it happens to people that have had some different things done to them. Medical stuff is not the norm though. Many times it is a wallet, shoe, coat or other piece of clothing that has one of those dang tags actually sewn into it somewhere. Shoes and wallets are the worst.

People greeters trying to be cops usually just peeve me off. There job is to be friendly and assist customers. They are supposed to engage someone if those things go off though. Their role is supposed to be trying to get the item deactivated so there is no problem if the customer has to bring the item back, or to catch clothes that may have one of those damn things in it. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are they to try and detain anyone.

With all that said, if you are the person that just keeps walking. Everyone thinks you are stealing whether you do or not. If you are that guy that it goes off everytime do what Stan has said to do. Make buddies with the door guy or gal. They are just doing a job and will wave you on and handle it if they know you and what is going on.

OkieGentleman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How about telling the manager you are going to call your lawyer the next time their damn equipment embarrasses you by malfunctioning when you go through it. Then ask for his name and company ID number for your records for the lawsuit. That will make them suck up tight real quick. If nothing else you might get your photo posted with store security with a DO NOT APPROACH NOTE on it. It would not stop the beeping, but might stop interruptions in your shopping trips.:rubhands:

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a ton of plates, screws and a rod in my face and now I know why they go off all time!! Thier titanium... Thanks!!
If ya ever want call me, we'll go set them off together, we could drive them nuts within an hour or so!! They might look into fixing the issue afterwards..,

Fog

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks! I once had a greeter person grab my cart just after leaving the store. It was when the self checkout thing just came out. He held the cart and said I cant leave and asked to see my receipt. I told him in ever such nice words to keep his cart but I am taking my property which consisted of one bag and a can of paint. When he grabbed the paint can handle after I did the same I screamed repeatedly "Thief stop thief!!!! Stop stealing my paint!!!!" Help He's stealing my paint!!""" His facial expression was priceless! He let go of it. I advised that I clearly paid for all items and there was no way I was going to show evidence of proof of purchase absent a hearing on the matter. He just turned around and walked back inside.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I love the " Stop thief" reply, and yes at Wal Mart it does beep when I go in... and the greeting people start looking at the people leaving. I found out last night our Manager is a young man that I taught when he was in 5th grade. He told me he was very sorry and asked if I was still angry for what he did to my truck the last day he was in 5th grade. I thought about telling him yes... and that since he had done it and brought it up to me I was going to write the corp. office and tell them just what a problem kid he is. I wasn't really upset. He thought it would be fun to drop a hog nosed snake in my window of the truck. I had left it down to keep the truck from overheating. It was a great pet. It lived with my family for 5 years. He really is a nice guy and he told me that he would talk to his people about wheelchairs and how to talk to people who beep the door. Again, thank you all for helping me calm down. My wife thanks you, my daughter thanks you, my grandchildren thank you, my dog thanks you... but I'm not sure about my son-in-law. See... he knows when I die, he gets my gun collection. He really is as great guy and one of the men on this site. You folks are the greatest...

Latest posts

Top Bottom