Strange things are afoot on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to my limited understanding there wouldn't have been any need for that Christ fellow to die if it were possible for anyone else to live it.

You are right. My point is she was taking money to promote a "moral" position. That is what I have a problem with. But, in the grand scheme of things, none of us should really judge others. It's just our damnable human nature.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority but count me in the group who likes polite, respectful, and clean discussions and conversation. Maybe a sub forum for that and leave general discussions the way it is.

Like Books says, they are working on it. And you are not in the minority. Lots of religious gun owners are on this board. Please hang tuff. From what I've heard, it'll be a nice hangout with good discussions. Might even convert a few heathens ;).

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
can you forgive me?

You, Sir, are a work in process...

...but yes, I can, and have, forgiven you.

Agreed, but would you want her talking to your teenagers about abstinence tomorrow? How effective do you think her message would be?

Since this is her second child, I suspect that she could be effective, if her messaging is right. If I knew her messaging was right, then yes, I would let her talk to teenagers.

I think a good Christian would forgive her even if it is not what what she wants. Just say'n.

Quite correct, Sir. However, it makes the forgiving easier if she did want that.

Why would a good Christian need to forgive her? It's not like she has wronged us; her sin is between her and God.

With this case for Bristol Palin, you are correct. However, prayers for forgiveness don't have to just be for one's self. I'm sure that someone in my family "could" be influenced by her actions, thus it would be beneficial for those in my family to realize that forgiveness doesn't just have to be from those directly offended. In the case of other crimes against people, forgiveness from the victims of those crimes is still appropriate.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The part of the story that seems to always get left out is;

1. She was promoting abstinence to TEENS, as she WAS a teen Mom, who is now 24!
2. She was ENGAGED and true, she started the honeymoon a bit early and took it serious.
3. After the honeymoon, they decided marriage was not right and called it off.

I see it as lame stream media making an opportunity to attack a 2a supporting, ring winger, Christian.

She made a mistake, but the marriage would be a mistake.
I really don't have an issue with her.

As to the 'gun forum'

Don't go to 'General Discussion'. Problem solved

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happens east of the 150 stays east of the 150. He's probably curled up next to some lady boy admiring real feet. No need to get on a virtual forum and fantasize about it anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom