Street Robberies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am guilty of being the nice guy. I once let guys into my apartment because they were selling something door to door. My wife yelled at me because it 1. Gave them a good glimpse of what we had in 3 rooms of our house and 2. Let them inside with a door closed behind them. Maybe I felt more comfortable because they were my age (Probably 21-22 at the time) and I had a G23 IWB.

you got knocked on by meat men... USUALLY harmless just trying to scam you the most honest way possible. please dont tell me you bought what they were selling...

A

av8r115

What do you guys think of this ? You get surrounded by 6 men not really threatening you but for sure invading your personal space and won't leave you alone . When you finally tell them to leave you alone with a little bit of aggressiveness one begins to use racial slurs and begins to approach you in an aggressive posture. You first think im gonna punch this dude in the face and get ready to dance with the rest of the thugs , then you remember you are carrying a loaded weapon on your hip. What next? He is now about 10ft and slowly making his way closer. Oh yeah your in a public place but not easily seen and your in a bad part of town .
So is this supposed to have really happened or is this some kind of gun-hero fantasy scenario? Punching one of them is stupid because you have to expose your back to the other five. A slow advance gives you time to tell them to get lost. As soon as one of them begins to act aggressively I'd put my hand on my gun. Like the man said earlier, criminals are not going to go running to a cop saying that the mean man pulled a gun while they were ganging up on you. Six on one w/ aggressive behavior constitutes a life-threatening situation, so I doubt there's going to be any serious conseguences afterwards. (Unless you run your mouth off to the cops about what a great hero you are.)

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well here's the deal do you feel obligated to pull you weapon if one guy is being agressive and the others are watching even though there is 6 guys hanging around watching just one is the aggressor . I guess the point is even if your pretty sure you can take this one guy do you feel the need to pull your weapon just in case his friends decide to take you gun? Yes real story. All ended well . The the guy telling you that thugs aren't gonna run to the police is correct.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they're just "watching" they have no dog in the fight and will prob run, however I would bet by that time there's either a "mob" mentality going on, or they aren't all there just to "watch" but unless they are armed, if you take out one perp, more than likely they'll run. Why need 6 armed guys to hit up one?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this ? You get surrounded by 6 men not really threatening you but for sure invading your personal space and won't leave you alone . When you finally tell them to leave you alone with a little bit of aggressiveness one begins to use racial slurs and begins to approach you in an aggressive posture. You first think im gonna punch this dude in the face and get ready to dance with the rest of the thugs , then you remember you are carrying a loaded weapon on your hip. What next? He is now about 10ft and slowly making his way closer. Oh yeah your in a public place but not easily seen and your in a bad part of town .

I'd never be in that position in the first place. There were plenty of opportunities to avoid each progressively worse stage of the situation.

thecolonel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great Post. The city where I live has had a lot of home invasions. Last fall I saw a guy going from door to door knocking on doors. I yelled at him when he was at the neighbors house, demanding what he was doing here. He told me he was selling magazines to work his way through college. He was not carrying any satchel, brief case or order forms. This whole thing looked and seemed strange. He came toward me, told him not to come any closer and reached back and put my hand on my S&W 686. He saw that I meant business and left. Found out later from the police that posing as a college student selling magazines is the most common way the home invaders are using to case the property. Neighborhoods all around us have had home invasions in our neighborhood we have not had any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom