Stuck choke tube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time for the easy out with pieces of leather stuffed in between the flutes to maintain squareness and rigidity. If you got a full turn, you have some lube getting somewhere. Keep on with the concoction/witch's brew that worked.
I have extractors that prevent that from happening. Somewhere.
1C620856-3B66-4BE0-A9AE-5F39424033BB.jpeg

You said it was mostly duck loads, so steel shot yes? Sounds like the choke threads were "pounded" into the barrel threads and they tried to make both components "become one". Hope the barrel isn't toast.
That’s what I was afraid of when he said using a cheater was getting it to barely move. I figure the barrel threads are coming out with the choke tube.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice set where you find that
I bought it off the Mac truck a few years ago. It’s decent. I do prefer the square extractors for a lot of things, but these are great too.

most of the extractors/tap and dies on the tool trucks are made by Irwin or Proto. I think Irwin makes these, but you’ll have to buy individually or buy multiple sets to get the same setup.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think he's starting to milk it a little. It can't be that difficult to remove! :D
I’ve been spending a few minutes on it a day. My hard headedness got in the way. I thought there’s no way I’m gonna let a choke tube beat me but I think it’s time to throw in the towel. I may be borrowing @HoLeChit ’s round extractors since I think he’s in Edmond now.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve been spending a few minutes on it a day. My hard headedness got in the way. I thought there’s no way I’m gonna let a choke tube beat me but I think it’s time to throw in the towel. I may be borrowing @HoLeChit ’s round extractors since I think he’s in Edmond now.
It will be interesting to see if that does it. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom