Super Sniper 16x42

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this or the 10x42? I've considered it for a 24" 6.5 Grendel. I really don't want to spend an outrageous amount on these optics, but will when I get my surgeon done.

Any better options in these price ranges?

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might want to look at the Bushnell Elite 4200 series, Vortex Vipers, and Falcon Menace scopes. They all are a good value. That said, the SS is still a nice scope. I'd go for the 10x over the 16x, but that's just a personal preference.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the primary purpose of the rifle? I'm a fan of the 16x SS, but it has its limitations (Field of View for one).

If you want to stay at over 200-300yds and plan on doing a lot of range-finding - its a great scope for the money. I personally like Falcon Optic's reticle better, but I can't use it for range-finding easily at the higher power magnifications since the reticle is only accurate at 10x (they do make an FFP which fixes that problem, but I don't know of anyone who has one of their FFPs).

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

A few months ago I was dead set on a Falcon 4-14mm FFP, but kind of swayed away from it. Anyone had any experience with it?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

A few months ago I was dead set on a Falcon 4-14mm FFP, but kind of swayed away from it. Anyone had any experience with it?

Not with the FFP, but I've got a Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56 with their ML-16 Reticle and I'm pretty happy with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom