SuperDave..... from yur posting about the media.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked this on the other post but it may have been over looked. Hope it is not rude to ask again. Myself I see no problems with cameras, as to the guys who dont want a picture taken they need to stay inside with the blinds closed cameras are every where. :)

superdave65: Do you allow cameras in your shows? The shows I have been to have no camera signs all over the place yet everyone is walking around with a cell phone taking pictures. Not sure I understand the point of the signs.

As to the OP, I would be gald to speak with them, hiding or running away would look real good on camera, may look like we had something to hide. I am legal, the show is legal, the guns are legal, but it would still look bad to folks who don't know or understand that.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes, you just get a gut instinct about people. I got this good instinct from the German film crew. I talked to Miles Hall today (they interviewed him on Sunday) and he got the same impression. Both of us could see light bulbs coming on while we were explaining our respective positions to them. If Dave thought they were OK guys, then that's good enough for me. If you didn't want to be interviewed, nobody was holding a gun to your head.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interviews can be refused.. but someone with a professional video camera equiped with a zoom can record close-ups of you and you would never know it.. people at the show had no choice of their being recorded if they were inside the show. As for the snarky comment about how people who didn't want to be recorded should stay at home with their blinds closed because cameras are everywhere..... people are especially vulnerable to being taken advantage of by photogs at gun shows because they are generally walking around either carrying a gun in their hand to sell or holding one looking at it to buy.. and still photos or edited video can be used to paint them as being Zealots. Especially if the photog happens to catch them at the right angle or with a funny expression while talking to someone.

Remember what the media did to Palin in the 2008 electons in order to make her look foolish. In one situation, a Photog took pics at a angle of several teenage boys appearing to be looking up her skirt. It made the cover of a magazine and was broadcast world wide. It was a embarassment to her and to the boys. I remember a Colombo movie once with Peter Faulk where it was said... give me 30 minites in a dark room [with those photos] and I can produce a picture of you shaking hands with Hitler.

If you are dealing with your local media, they have a local reputation to maintain. But with a film crew from another country or on the other side of the United States.. they could lie and tell you one thing to get your cooperation.. then turn the footage / story to make you look foolish.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think my remark is meant to be snarky well sorry. My point is look around, all day, notice any cameras. Go to a big sporting goods store, pick up a gun, think you are on a camera? This is why I was asking about the no cameras yet cell phones are fine.

My question has nothing to do with a crew doing interviews, we should all know by now we can say no.

I bet my daughter can go to a gun show and get all the video she wants on her cell phone. She does not have to hide across the place and zoom in just turn the thing on and walk around. If she smiles and is friendly bam she may find a dead beat dad that is 3 years behind his child support spending money on a new AR. That would make the news in a big way.

I support superdave and his shows and that is why I am asking the question. Now I find out people who have guns should allways hide. No telling who may be watching, and what they may be planing.

Before I offend anyone else I am off to search the internet for pictures of myself in the area of a gun. (That you can take as a snarky comment)

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interviews can.... ....make you look foolish.

I think you're wasting your breath David2012. OP is looking for a fight using the same ad hominem logic that says, "Anyone who doesn't vote for Obama must be a racist." In other words, "If you don't agree with being filmed by the media at a gun show you must have something to hide." And yes, both posts by the OP contain snarky remarks, aka bait.

Pretty much everyone, including me, agrees that Superdave is a great guy doing good things for us gun us gun tote'n Okies.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don't care if people bring cameras into my shows. An actual film crew was a one time thing because it was a little disruptive. I think (hope) that we will get a fair representation. I am not attacking anyone for not wanting to be filmed, that is your right. I just want to have a good discussion. I know after reading these threads that there are some things that I should ask and consider if the situation were to come up again. Keep the opinions coming pro/con. Just please be gentlemen about it. Thanks

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don't care if people bring cameras into my shows. An actual film crew was a one time thing because it was a little disruptive. I think (hope) that we will get a fair representation. I am not attacking anyone for not wanting to be filmed, that is your right. I just want to have a good discussion. I know after reading these threads that there are some things that I should ask and consider if the situation were to come up again. Keep the opinions coming pro/con. Just please be gentlemen about it. Thanks

Well thank you for the reply. It was just out of curiosity that I asked.

For those that think I am baiting a fight check out my past posts.

For the life of me I cant think of why other gun shows say no cameras but allow the cell phones. Anyone have a guess?

Latest posts

Top Bottom