Surge in luxury shooting ranges caters to new gun culture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas **— It’s the lunch hour on a recent Wednesday, and pricey sedans outnumber pickups parked at the crowded parking lot of the indoor Frisco Gun Club.

Mercedes, BMW, Lexus — they're all here.

Inside the club, men sit in leather chairs and do business over a gourmet lunch.

A middle-aged woman browses a spacious shopping area and eyes a purse designed to conceal a handgun.

The club’s marketing manager talks up a future pizza-and-pistol family night promotion.

All the while, less than 100 feet away, more than a dozen shooters blast targets on ranges where a state-of-the-art ventilation system purifies the air.

Take note Elmer Fudd — this is definitely not your granddaddy's good ol’ boy retreat.

“It’s like a country club,” said Jason Tanaka, a 40-year-old mortgage executive who skipped lunch to put 100 rounds through his new semi-automatic pistol.

While the $12 million Frisco Gun Club bills itself as the “nation's premiere indoor shooting range,” it is certainly not alone. In gun-friendly locales from the Rocky Mountains to Miami and Vegas to Virginia, more than a dozen “guntry clubs” have gone into business in the past three years.

For complete article: http://news.yahoo.com/surge-in-luxury-shooting-clubs-caters-to-new-gun-culture-145240612.html

There's some nice looking digs in that article. :thumb:

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel really lucky to live just a couple miles away from ussa. I wish there where alot more ranges like it. Their couches are the best after you shoot idpa in the middle of the summer. : )

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel really lucky to live just a couple miles away from ussa. I wish there where alot more ranges like it. Their couches are the best after you shoot idpa in the middle of the summer. : )

That's it ... just rub salt in the wound! :grumble: (I know ... I've been up there for a few matches of one kind or another ... :woot: Enjoyed myself every time!)

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They charge $50 to do an FFL transfer. The cheapest membership is $225 a year and you pay $10/hr for short range and $17.50/hr for long range. For just $7500 a year you get to use the VIP lounge and private lanes.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's badass. You wouldn't see me in there, but it caters to a particular market. To some people paying half a million to join Southern Hills Country Club is worth it. I guess it is just what you like. Regardless, I'd love to have a wall of machine guns like that :fullauto:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They charge $50 to do an FFL transfer. The cheapest membership is $225 a year and you pay $10/hr for short range and $17.50/hr for long range. For just $7500 a year you get to use the VIP lounge and private lanes.

Those prices are in line with what H&H charges now ... Well except for the VIP lounge and private lanes ... I bet they wish they'd thought of that first though ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom