Sustainability - An Overview of multiple threads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you, a dairy cow is just too much for me. I googled "boer's" and they're a pretty good sized goat. I'd like to find some local goats milk first so I can see if it's something I even like. I've had goat meat and it's pretty good, but never had their milk.

This is gonna sound so stupid, but it's true ... Goat milk is "heavier" than cow's milk. Kinda thick tasting, but not bad at all. You can make some killer cheese with goat's milk ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If milk gets too high ill hafta get something to milk. Powdered milk sucks with cookies or cereal.

If i ever get goats again, im gettin a boer or 2. Them lil goats are too personable to eat and too short for a milk stool.

A dairy cow is way more than i wanna mess with.

Pfft ... I love all my critters and they are spoilt rotten but some of them are for eating ... No matter how cute and personable they are. GC watched me butcher Mr. Roo after he started crowing -- said he thought he might think twice about pissin' me off from now on ... lol

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Poor rooster. A few years ago i ordered a straight run of misc (25) from McMurray. i got 14 of them crowing things. Wife hated it cause she works nights.

We ate a few, traded a couple, and hawks got a few. Never again.

Is the goat milk too heavy for daily drinkin? I mean i can chug some reg whole milk, bout a gallon twice a week. Is it ok with cereal or cookies?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poor rooster. A few years ago i ordered a straight run of misc (25) from McMurray. i got 14 of them crowing things. Wife hated it cause she works nights.

We ate a few, traded a couple, and hawks got a few. Never again.

Is the goat milk too heavy for daily drinkin? I mean i can chug some reg whole milk, bout a gallon twice a week. Is it ok with cereal or cookies?

LOL at the chicken story ... GC thinks he wants to get some "meat" birds this spring. I keep telling that city boy that all chickens are meat birds ... lol Maybe I can parlay this negotiation into a couple of little goats ... Hmmmmm

Nope, I don't think so. (But I grew up drinking unpasteurized whole milk straight from the cow.) I do believe it has more fat in it, but not that much more IIRC. It tastes the same but different ... That doesn't make much sense but it's the truth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom