Sustainability - An Overview of multiple threads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And trust comes with time. Building bonds and freindships is slow goin.

This. I've had folks tell me they aren't looking for "friends". Well, good luck with that. It has been my experience that family will slit your throat and leave you for dead for a lot less than a pocketful of change. It's difficult to explain but I've only been "done over" by family, acquaintances and folks who worked way to hard to convince me that they were somehow better than me and that I needed them, when, in retrospect, the opposite was true. I was the one doing all the work ... they were the ones who needed me, for whatever reason.

In the end, if things go sideways, none of us will have anything but our instinct to go on. ALL of us will make some good choices, ALL of us will make some bad choices and ALL of us will have some really lucky days and some really ****** days ...

Based on what I've learned from reading non-fiction survival accounts and talking to people who have lived through their own SHTF experiences is that preps will run out, groups that are too big will fail, groups that are too small will fail, family and people you trust will betray you, luck has a LOT to do with you making it out to the other side and in the end, none of it is very pretty ...

So ... you do what you can and give the rest to God. I'm too old to live my life miserably, testing everyone I meet to see if they are "worthy", holed up in a bunker, waiting for an event that may or may not happen. Give me my wine, my friends, my GC (and God willing one of these days a couple of dwarf goats ...) and I'll be happy to call it good ...

Am I a defeatist? Absolutely not -- I'll do my gut-level best to choke you to death and swear to God you died in your sleep if you cross me ... but I am a realist ... I'll control what I can and I'm not gonna lose any sleep (or get ulcers) worrying about the rest ...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If milk gets too high ill hafta get something to milk. Powdered milk sucks with cookies or cereal.

If i ever get goats again, im gettin a boer or 2. Them lil goats are too personable to eat and too short for a milk stool.

A dairy cow is way more than i wanna mess with.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If milk gets too high ill hafta get something to milk. Powdered milk sucks with cookies or cereal.

If i ever get goats again, im gettin a boer or 2. Them lil goats are too personable to eat and too short for a milk stool.

A dairy cow is way more than i wanna mess with.

I'm with you, a dairy cow is just too much for me. I googled "boer's" and they're a pretty good sized goat. I'd like to find some local goats milk first so I can see if it's something I even like. I've had goat meat and it's pretty good, but never had their milk.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....I'd like to find some local goats milk first so I can see if it's something I even like. I've had goat meat and it's pretty good, but never had their milk.

Find a local Amish or Mennonite farmer and they can probably fix you up, as you probably know, there are a lot of Amish to the SE of Ada.

Latest posts

Top Bottom