Tactical Shotgun mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of those small (double clamp) shotgun light brackets and mounted my Streamlight Scorpion (120 lumens) to my Mossberg. The bracket is made out of blued steel so I cut a strip of bicycle innertube to place under it before I clamped it to the magazine tube. The Scorpion is rubber so that worked very good for the other end.

The setup is VERY sturdy and does not move. I attached the clamp to the magazine tube as far forward as I could and placed the light as far "back" into the bracket as I could without hitting the forearm.

The button on the light is right at the location where my thumb can easily depress it. I might consider a pressure switch if this doesn't work like I want it to.

Below is a pic. I haven't shot it yet but I think the rubber mount and the rubber flashlight will cushion the shock a little and hopefully I won't lose a bulb the first shot.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_IMAGE_175.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get an LED bulb for it and it won't pop when your scattergun goes pop.

I had a Surefire mounted on my 590 thataway. But I took it off. Didn't like it. :disappoin

Maybe someday...when I'm rich and famous...I can get one of these...

[Broken External Image]

afototime.com_DDB9D1A92202460_standard.gif

Benelli

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard good things about these: http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detai...oss500rail.gif&CFID=39504452&CFTOKEN=64139618 I see a few advantages with to this system over the Surefire: 1) it looks much slimmer/less bulky 2) it is more versatile (though I don't know what else you would hang on a shotgun) 3) it is cheaper 4) if you have a 590A1 you have to cut off the bayonet lug for the Surefire forend to fit. Additionally I think you could rig up a pressure switch that would simulate the features of the Surefire forend.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard good things about these: http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detai...oss500rail.gif&CFID=39504452&CFTOKEN=64139618 I see a few advantages with to this system over the Surefire: 1) it looks much slimmer/less bulky 2) it is more versatile (though I don't know what else you would hang on a shotgun) 3) it is cheaper 4) if you have a 590A1 you have to cut off the bayonet lug for the Surefire forend to fit. Additionally I think you could rig up a pressure switch that would simulate the features of the Surefire forend.

Yeah...I've seen those too. :disappoin

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the surefire forend... I have installed the rails for folks also. They wanted to put the light on the rail with a forend grip and use a pressure pad. The rails while smaller is a cheese grater unless you put covers on it. Even with ladder covers it is a little rough. With panel covers it is just big. With ladder covers and a grip it is uncomfortable for many and the grip better be strong as the force that will be placed on it will be to much for many that are made. A 12ga is no AR.

I have a surefire on my Mossberg 500 and like it very much, but may put a rail on the Benelli, in part because it does not have to move back and forth. So the force on the grip or my hand is not so strong.

Also I prefer to have the light under the bore.

Just my .02 cents

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You can use this for a presure switch... http://www.surefire.com/Remote-Dual-Switch-for-WeaponLight-SR07

It can be used with just about any Surefire light, not just the one in the picture. You can also get differnt length on the cord.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also I prefer to have the light under the bore.

I do to and if I go with a pressure switch I will rotate it to a point directly under the bore. Right now I need it to be accessible with my left thumb.

And, NO, Mike I wont' pull the trigger with my thumb on the button. :buttkick:

I have seen those on eBay (knockoffs) and wondered if they might be a little rough on your hands......at least on a pump action.

BC

Latest posts

Top Bottom