Help me pick my next tactical shotgun. S-H-O-T-G-U-N

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbenmark

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up an A300 Patrol in April. Threw a Steiner MPS on it. I love it. Eats everything I have fed it. I have also shot the 1301. The A300 isn't as smooth with the rotating bolt. That being said, I am in the A300 with the optic for less than a 1301. If you really want the Magpul furniture, you got to go 1301.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up an A300 Patrol in April. Threw a Steiner MPS on it. I love it. Eats everything I have fed it. I have also shot the 1301. The A300 isn't as smooth with the rotating bolt. That being said, I am in the A300 with the optic for less than a 1301. If you really want the Magpul furniture, you got to go 1301.
So pretty much boils down to cost and action speed/smoothness?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
the 1301 will not disappoint...imho the other was an option created for gents not able or willing to spend the bucks for the 1301.
I agree. However, if both provide “if your life depended on it” reliability and function, does the 1301 provide enough extra to justify the cost? Does the a300 provide that level of reliability? If so, with the difference between the two be enough between the two that your average schmuck (me) will be able to discern the difference?

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. However, if both provide “if your life depended on it” reliability and function, does the 1301 provide enough extra to justify the cost? Does the a300 provide that level of reliability? If so, with the difference between the two be enough between the two that your average schmuck (me) will be able to discern the difference?
You'll always wish you got the 1301.....even though myself I got the Benelli M4 so I wouldn't wish I had got it instead of the Beretta. :woohoo1:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahhhh...... The old "son ya need an 870" Well it should have been named the 435 because it is only half the gun they think it is! In all the shotgun classes I have ever given, it is by far the most troublesome gun anyone ever brings.

1301 is a very good gun, so is a Benelli M2 and M4. You can't go wrong with any of the above! I personally like the M1/M2 Benellis, but you won't be behind with a 1301. I certainly wouldn't be afraid to buy any used M2 as long as it hasnt been messed with!

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1301 all day. I love the short length of pull and I went with the longer barrel to add more ammo. This set up allows me 25 rounds at the ready.

It's longer than most want or prefer, but I trained on longer barrel and it works great for me. Eventually I plan to put a pic rail with MRDS and a match saver

1686664082610.png

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread has been educational for me, and in the video, they kind of focused on the differences in prices of the 300 tactical versus the 1301. I probably have a different thought process than many here, but if I was considering a 300 tactical and going to spend a grand, there’s no way I wouldn’t pony up the $500 to get the 1301. I subscribe to the buy once/cry once philosophy.
After watching that video, if I didn’t already have two Benelli M1’s, I would seriously consider a 1301, and I still might end up with one. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom