Taurus TH9c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, the title is correct lol (I had to look twice when I saw it). Interesting firearm. Looks to give a mid-priced option over the Kimber Micro 9. I was wondering if anyone had any hands on experience with this firearm. I'm looking for a DA/SA pocket pistol in 9mm and so far this looks like a contender. Gonna go to SCI tomorrow to see how it feels in the hand.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I got to get some range time at 2A shooting center and put 100 rounds through this pistol. First the good things: The ergonomics of the grip are nice, fits well in my hand. The texture on the grip gives good friction for a very stable grip even without shooting gloves. The trigger in single action is "ok" and the reset is very pronounced making it easy to stop the trigger just past reset. Recoil is very manageable. I was able to keep a good grouping at about 15 ft even though I was pretty rusty (been over 2 years since I had a chance to shoot last).

Now onto the bad: First, the extended mag was pretty janky. It is slightly too long so it rattles in the magwell. The trigger absolutely sucks in double action mode. I mean really sucks, as in AOC is actually tolerable compared to the double action on this trigger... yeah that bad. Doing a measured pull back the trigger is jerky, like someone learning to drive a manual for the first time. Not only that, but the pull weight is pretty high, I'm guessing 9-10 lbs worth. The mag release takes a lot of force to get it to drop the mag.

All in all I was not satisfied with it. If it had just been the extended mag I would have been ok. But that trigger is horrendous and inexcusable. I'm probably gonna offload it to a friend who is needing a cheap firearm for his house and take a loss on it (to anyone watching who gives a crap, he is a coworker and my company will not let felons or those with a dishonorable discharge to work our jobs, so I know he is able to own firearms). Just gonna have to save up and get me a micro 9.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I got to get some range time at 2A shooting center and put 100 rounds through this pistol. First the good things: The ergonomics of the grip are nice, fits well in my hand. The texture on the grip gives good friction for a very stable grip even without shooting gloves. The trigger in single action is "ok" and the reset is very pronounced making it easy to stop the trigger just past reset. Recoil is very manageable. I was able to keep a good grouping at about 15 ft even though I was pretty rusty (been over 2 years since I had a chance to shoot last).

Now onto the bad: First, the extended mag was pretty janky. It is slightly too long so it rattles in the magwell. The trigger absolutely sucks in double action mode. I mean really sucks, as in AOC is actually tolerable compared to the double action on this trigger... yeah that bad. Doing a measured pull back the trigger is jerky, like someone learning to drive a manual for the first time. Not only that, but the pull weight is pretty high, I'm guessing 9-10 lbs worth. The mag release takes a lot of force to get it to drop the mag.

All in all I was not satisfied with it. If it had just been the extended mag I would have been ok. But that trigger is horrendous and inexcusable. I'm probably gonna offload it to a friend who is needing a cheap firearm for his house and take a loss on it (to anyone watching who gives a crap, he is a coworker and my company will not let felons or those with a dishonorable discharge to work our jobs, so I know he is able to own firearms). Just gonna have to save up and get me a micro 9.
Why not just go with the striker fired G2C or G3C?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not just go with the striker fired G2C or G3C?
I prefer da/sa over striker fire. The logical part of me knows and understands that 99% of striker fired pistols are safe to carry chambered, however there is another part that knows its impossible for a da/sa to fire without pulling a 7-8 lb trigger the full length when a da/sa firearm is chambered and de-cocked. Its my idiosyncrasy that I just can't get past. And since there are plenty of options for da/sa (though sadly not in sub-compact size) I'm not worried about it. On the upside it keeps me from buying a glock :D

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer da/sa over striker fire. The logical part of me knows and understands that 99% of striker fired pistols are safe to carry chambered, however there is another part that knows its impossible for a da/sa to fire without pulling a 7-8 lb trigger the full length when a da/sa firearm is chambered and de-cocked. Its my idiosyncrasy that I just can't get past. And since there are plenty of options for da/sa (though sadly not in sub-compact size) I'm not worried about it. On the upside it keeps me from buying a glock :D
My brother from another mother!

Ok another father too.

My Two carry guns and before anyone laughs at my 380, with a good magazine it runs perfectly.

1911-D.jpg

:P

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother from another mother!

Ok another father too.

My Two carry guns and before anyone laughs at my 380, with a good magazine it runs perfectly.

View attachment 282930
:P
I was thinking about a .380, something like a Bersa, but would prefer to stick with 9mm. If I could find one I would love to get a px4 sub-compact. I would lose the rotating barrel lock that the full size and compact has, but it would almost feel the same. I remember when I could get one for under 350, now if you can find them they are close to 550 used.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about a .380, something like a Bersa, but would prefer to stick with 9mm. If I could find one I would love to get a px4 sub-compact. I would lose the rotating barrel lock that the full size and compact has, but it would almost feel the same. I remember when I could get one for under 350, now if you can find them they are close to 550 used.
If you can find one cheap enough (good luck) the Kimber Micro 9 is suppose to be good. Just to far out of my price range. I had a S&W Shield but could not get comfortable with striker fired.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can find one cheap enough (good luck) the Kimber Micro 9 is suppose to be good. Just to far out of my price range. I had a S&W Shield but could not get comfortable with striker fired.
Yeah, I think that is what I'm gonna get. Gonna sell this Taurus and put that money towards a micro 9. If I really needed a pocket pistol I do have a rugar EC9s I can use, just need a sticky holster for it. But it is striker fired....

Latest posts

Top Bottom