Terror attack at Paris newspaper that mocked Islam; 12 reported dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If by news sources you mean where journalism happens and you can consume the story and form an opinion, then no. If by news sources places where you will get a smattering of fact mixed with lots of slanted opinion designed for mass consumption expected to sit there and nod there head and say, "YES, THAT'S IT and I'M MAD about THAT", then yes. Faux news pandors the right, MSNBC does the same for the left. Foreign journalism is a much better source of raw fact which you then go search out the context and afterwhich, you can have a reasonable set of data to consume and from there, form your opinions.

For me, I hit the mainstream hacks like CNN and FoxNews for a quick hit on stories are popular in the infotainment circle. Then I hit RT mostly because I already know it's a Kremlin run news site and what you get there is the propaganda the Russian government wants you to see. In the last year, I tend to find anti-US articles that bring a whole story in and put some anti-American spin on it which is easy to unspin and pull the real story out. In one case, they were talking about a farmer defending his land from some bueru and people showed up to help and it was spun like the US is coming apart at the seems. Unspin it and you have an interesting story with accurate facts and you have enough data to search out other stories that help wrap in context.

I also read BBC which is a pretty good face value site. I watch BBC for Ukraine war info as well as good world news. I read others too but also find interesting news on forums like this where I have a common purpose and someone acts as a filter by posting a link to a story that was interesting to him and is likely interesting to me. In any case, this is how I consume news.

Man, you really went into detail as a result of my sarcasm :) I thought since I mentioned Fox or RT, it would have been obvious.

Sean Hannity, yesterday afternoon on his radio talk show. :)

Dennis kinda sorta quoting Hannity (without using any quotes so it's hard to tell what exactly in his post was a quote and was Dennis' words), in turn quoting a batshit crazy British Imam who is apparently an offhand expert on Parisian law enforcement policy. :D All mocking aside, I will still say I really believe it may be at least in part if not completely true (lots of cities have effectively lawless quarters, like Detroit for example), I just want to read more about it. I find it fascinating.

Also it's pretty absurd to take my honest question about a source for reading on sharia-ruled neighborhoods in Paris as a defense of any Islamic act, person, or principle.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't the second President Bush keep saying that Islam is a religion of love? Well, I really never have thought Islam is a religion of love, so beg to differ, Mr. President!

Let's play the Devil's Advocate here; how would some of us feel if them French cartoonists were poking slanderous fun at Jesus Christ? If they were ridiculing Him and insulting Him, and making fun of Him?

Oh sure, lots of us would say it is freedom of expression, of speech, and press. But not all of us would. Some of us would not double over laughing, knee slapping as we did so.

While it has been pointed out that the French cartoonists made fun of everybody, poking fun at a man's religion can be taken out of context. Some people just can't take a joke. I'm not saying don't do it, but if someone leaves the door cracked open, the wrong dogs can enter the house.

i.imgur.com_M0qdLo5.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

"Someone left the door open and the wrong dogs came home."

I guess that fabulous piece of artwork " pisschrist" doesn't count. I don't recall any Christians storming the gallery to kill people over that.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess that fabulous piece of artwork " pisschrist" doesn't count. I don't recall any Christians storming the gallery to kill people over that.

I dunno about that. I know I don't like it. If someone waxed that pisschrist "artist" you wouldn't catch me defending his right to express his beliefs. I'd just kinda keep quiet about it, and go on about my business.

Edit: About that pisschrist "artist." I do believe he will burn in Hell for that. Do I wish him ill? Not any more than I would wish ill to a dog whose feces I wiped from my boot.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you shot a deer in the snow? Blood sprays everywhere. Its small droplets, so it would have not been seen in the video.

No, but I've seen men who were shot. Often times I was surprised by the lack of blood, other times it looked like someone had gutted a cow. My point is there isn't always giant pools of blood, especially not in a matter of seconds.

Deer don't wear clothes and bullet-proof vests/body armor that sometimes serve to contain the spread and the cop wasn't laying in the snow etc…

Still, sucks that he had to go out like that. RIP again.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by OKSpeedDemon View Post
The officer in the street they execute had a gun on and didn't do anything to try to save his own life, WTF? It may of been a handgun vs 2 AKs but I'm not going down without a fight.

http://www.mfs-theothernews.com/2015...eing-shot.html

Only some of the police in France are armed, from the video it looks like this guy was carrying a tazer and the giant can of pepper spray they all carry. I really couldn't tell for sure if he had a firearm also. The media is reporting that the three that arrived first were unarmed.

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Donald-Trump-France-gun-laws-Paris-attack/2015/01/08/id/617261/?ns_mail_uid=566817&ns_mail_job=1602687_01082015&s=al&dkt_nbr=qexnc8qw
Donald Trump: France's Strict Gun Laws Enabled Attack
Thursday, 08 Jan 2015 10:38 AM
By Melanie Batley

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who benfits? What has France done lately to piss someone off? Does the rise of Marine LePen, Alain Soral and the Dieudonné contingent have anything to do with these events? Or France's call to end sanctions against Russia? France's recognition of Palastine? So many canards and distractions for those who have eyes but don't see.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who benfits? What has France done lately to piss someone off? Does the rise of Marine LePen, Alain Soral and the Dieudonné contingent have anything to do with these events? Or France's call to end sanctions against Russia? So many canards and distractions for those who have eyes but don't see.

Those who have eyes but don't see. Beautiful allusion to "The Prince." I honestly don't think those religious fanatics can see past their religion, and will go after anybody who pokes fun of it.

Look at them. They are killing each other over their religion.

One could say that WW2 in Europe was Christian fighting Christian, which is somewhat true, but it wasn't over religion.

Even the fact that the Japanese were Bhuddists and the US was Christian - well that never was considered a religious war either.

But what's going on in the Middle East most certainly is.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, but I've seen men who were shot. Often times I was surprised by the lack of blood, other times it looked like someone had gutted a cow. My point is there isn't always giant pools of blood, especially not in a matter of seconds.

Deer don't wear clothes and bullet-proof vests/body armor that sometimes serve to contain the spread and the cop wasn't laying in the snow etc…

I have seen men shot too, but my point was that if it had not been for the snow, it would have been impossible to see any blood, basically agreeing with your statement.
Hit anything in the heart, dump the blood pressure, and there is no exit blood other than spatter.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

+1 I have seen a FMJ from an AK almost take a mans arm off and I have seen them at close range just punch a hole in and out, when I got hit my wound just looked like I got stabbed with a screwdriver and the exit wound looked like a dime came out of my ribs and it even broke a rib. I have even see guys who were hit in the head with 5.56 and it just looked like a hole punch and other looked like someone took a ball bat to a watermelon, so you just don't know what that bullet is really going to do.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From someone one could call an authority on the subject in response to "the cop's head didn't explode so it HAS to be fake":

"It's almost certain that the round was a military M43 or equivalent. That's what they would have access to. It leaves the muzzle at 2100 fps. At this range it has no time to deform or cavitate. All it did is created[sic] a 7.62 hole on entry and about the same size on exit, and then imbedded itself in the concrete, which you can see [in the video] if you pay attention. As the bullet was passing through his skull, the temporary wound canal from hydraulic shock instantly shut down his CNS."

Latest posts

Top Bottom