Terror attack at Paris newspaper that mocked Islam; 12 reported dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I don't find any of the stuff that's been posted and attributed to the magazine entertaining, I do find it interesting that the writers and editors seem to have more stones than the rest of the country, and even the U.S. media, to have printed it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I don't find any of the stuff that's been posted and attributed to the magazine entertaining, I do find it interesting that the writers and editors seem to have more stones than the rest of the country, and even the U.S. media, to have printed it.

The cowardly pundits in this country wouldn't have the stones or ovary's to produce the parody cartoons. Its amazing how country's that don't have a 1st Amendment in their constitution have more freedom of the press than we do.

I commend the French people coming out in droves holding ink pens and broken pencils in protest of what happened to violate their freedom of speech.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's what strikes me funny about the aftermath of this...many media outlets are now standing up and denouncing radical Islamists, but for years they either turned a blind eye, blamed America, or made other excuses. It took a large group of their tribe getting slaughtered for them to finally wake up.

No worries, they go back to sleep soon.

Malkin wrote a good piece on it: http://m.nationalreview.com/article/396027/media-cowards-and-cartoon-jihad-michelle-malkin

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cowardly pundits in this country wouldn't have the stones or ovary's to produce the parody cartoons. Its amazing how country's that don't have a 1st Amendment in their constitution have more freedom of the press than we do.

I commend the French people coming out in droves holding ink pens and broken pencils in protest of what happened to violate their freedom of speech.

Only the criminal cells of dissident, non assimilating immigrants have weapons. The altruistic masses flaunting their little pencils are completely unarmed.

I wonder though, if a ram may appear among the sheep...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only the criminal cells of dissident, non assimilating immigrants have weapons. The altruistic masses flaunting their little pencils are completely unarmed.

I wonder though, if a ram may appear among the sheep...

You do know that the French can have weapons, right? Including "assault weapons"? It's perfectly legal in France, with the proper permit, of course.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Muslim government in the USA?

John Brennan, current head of the CIA converted to Islam while stationed in Saudi Arabia.

Obama's top advisor, Valerie Jarrett, is a Muslim who was born in Iran where her parents still live.

Hillary Clinton's top advisor, Huma Abedin is a Muslim, whose mother and brother are involved in the now outlawed* Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

Assistant Secretary for Policy Development for Homeland Security, Arif Aikhan, is a Muslim.

Homeland Security Advisor, Mohammed Elibiary, is a Muslim.

Obama advisor and founder of the Muslim Public Affairs Council, Salam al-Marayati, is a Muslim.

Obama's Sharia Czar, Imam Mohamed Magid, of the Islamic Society of North America is a Muslim.

Advisory Council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships, Eboo Patel, is a Muslim.

And last but not least, our closet Muslim himself, Barack Hussein Obama.

It's questionable if Obama ever officially took the oath of office when he was sworn in. He didn't repeat the oath properly to defend our nation and our Constitution. Later the Democrats claimed he was given the oath*again in private?

CIA director John Brennan took his oath on a copy of the Constitution, not a Bible.

Congressman, Keith Ellison took his oath on a copy of the Qur'an.

Congresswoman Michele Bachman was vilified and almost tarred and feathered by Democrats when she voiced her concern about Muslims taking over our government.

Considering all these appointments, it would explain why Obama and his minions are systematically destroying our nation, supporting radical Muslim groups worldwide, opening our southern border, and turning a blind eye to the genocide being perpetrated on Christians all over Africa and the Middle East.

The more damage Obama does, the more arrogant he's become!

Our nation and our government has been infiltrated by people who want to destroy us. It can only get worse!

Is there any wonder why Oklahoma can not ban Shira Law?

There's something wrong ...somewhere!

I guess Obama needed some friends he could feel comfortable to be around. It's obvious he's not comfortable around the rest of us.

Woody

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do know that the French can have weapons, right? Including "assault weapons"? It's perfectly legal in France, with the proper permit, of course.

And in a way, they have less mag restrictions in France than the restricted states here. I think 3 and 10 on semi auto and single action hunting arms respectively (which, to be fair, we have on our hunting arms), and 20 on handguns. I don't think they have a mag capacity limit on other rifles (like an AK or AR) so long as you have your proper permit.

Also, I keep seeing articles noting that these were automatic weapons. Weren't they semi-auto AKs ?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, the French have much better gun laws than the Germans or Italians. Have any of ever noticed that some ammo boxes have French printed on them?

And as for another "French Connection," Nostradamus predicted the last great battle would be between Christianity and Islam.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those who have eyes but don't see. Beautiful allusion to "The Prince." I honestly don't think those religious fanatics can see past their religion, and will go after anybody who pokes fun of it.

Look at them. They are killing each other over their religion.

One could say that WW2 in Europe was Christian fighting Christian, which is somewhat true, but it wasn't over religion.

Even the fact that the Japanese were Bhuddists and the US was Christian - well that never was considered a religious war either.

But what's going on in the Middle East most certainly is.

I figured his statement alluded to the Bible as opposed to the Prince, maybe SM Rider will tell us what he was referring to?

Killing over religion, lots of Christian history there. As for wars there seems to always be an invocation of religion to justify them if not direct involvement in them, interesting stuff about the Revolution and our Civil War...

A form of Christian ideologly millennialism, and opposition to Anglicans and Catholics played a part in the American Revolution...

In England, millennial expectations receded after the 1650s; in the colonies, especially Puritan New England, they evolved into the eighteenth century as an orthodoxy, though without the revolutionary threat implicit in English sectarianism. New England society had earlier come close to being a theocracy; the sense of America as a religious experiment, as the new Israel, still gave stability and practical content to millenarian hopes.

The wide availability of millennial thought meant that British legislation on the American colonies in the 1760s could at once be seen in an 'apocalyptical perspective’. The Stamp Act therefore quickly reversed a whole nexus of ideas which had grown up in a fervent identification of civil and religious liberty with British rule. George Grenville's stamps were described in the language of the Book of Revelation as 'the mark of the beast'. In cartoons, British policy was often personified as the devil. This paranoia had been expressed again in the New England controversy of 1763-5 over the threatened appointment of an Anglican bishop. In 1774 it received an immense boost: the Quebec Act, granting toleration to Canadian Catholics, was taken as proof of an imperial plot to promote popery. From the 1740s, American imagery had steadily strengthened the identity between tyranny and sin, civil liberty and grace. This was partly a consequence of a religious revivalist movement sufficiently dramatic and distinct to acquire a capitalised name: the Great Awakening.

http://www.historytoday.com/jonathan-clark/american-revolution-war-religion

A split in the Christian Churches played a role in the Civil War...

the American debate over slavery became a shooting war in part because the two sides reached diametrically opposite conclusions based on reading the same authoritative source of guidance on moral questions: the King James Version of the Bible.

Protestant churches in the U.S., unable to agree on what God's Word said about slavery, ended up with schisms between Northern and Southern branches: the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1844, the Baptists in 1845,[58] and the Presbyterian Church in 1857.[59] These splits presaged the subsequent split in the nation: "The churches played a major role in the dividing of the nation, and it is probably true that it was the splits in the churches which made a final split of the national inevitable."[60] The conflict over how to interpret the Bible was central:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin...#Religious_conflict_over_the_slavery_question

And Shinto was the religion of Japan not Buddhism...but we put an end to it.

Dec 15, 1945: On this day, General Douglas MacArthur, in his capacity as Supreme Commander of Allied Powers in the Pacific, brings an end to Shintoism as Japan's established religion. The Shinto system included the belief that the emperor, in this case Hirohito, was divine.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/macarthur-orders-end-of-shinto-as-japanese-state-religion

Latest posts

Top Bottom