Terror attack at Paris newspaper that mocked Islam; 12 reported dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice history lesson. Enjoyed the read.

The problem we have is now, is that Christians aren't killing Jews, and Jews aren't killing Lutherans for their personal beliefs.
Muslims are killing other muslims because their sect may have some different beliefs. Sunni vs Shia.

They both believe in the Quran but differ in the succession of Mohammad.

Then you have the Sufi's, Quranists, and Kharijites, all of which would kill another muslim if their belief in the quran differed from theirs.

http://shar.es/1HPA4W

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"All religions are in their nature kind and benign, and united with principles of morality. They could not have made proselytes at first by professing anything that was vicious, cruel, persecuting, or immoral." ~ Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice history lesson. Enjoyed the read.

The problem we have is now, is that Christians aren't killing Jews, and Jews aren't killing Lutherans for their personal beliefs.
Muslims are killing other muslims because their sect may have some different beliefs. Sunni vs Shia.

They both believe in the Quran but differ in the succession of Mohammad.

Then you have the Sufi's, Quranists, and Kharijites, all of which would kill another muslim if their belief in the quran differed from theirs.

http://shar.es/1HPA4W

There's no doubt there is a problem with extremist Muslims at this time, but to demonize a whole religion (Sufis are quite different for example) for the actions and beliefs of some(like our Wahhabi allies Saudi Arabia) while having a history just as bad if not worse is a little hypocritical and may leave the door open for more wrongs to be done in the name of religion again. We need to deal with the terrorist for the sake of eliminating terrorist, not on religious grounds as they do.
Also it should be noted that killing in the name of Christianity is not just in the distant past, when did the "troubles" end in Ireland? Who carried out the Rwandan genocide? Atrocities are being committed in Africa by Christians same as Muslims, but just like those actions and the actions of other Christian terrorist are not the fault of all Christians neither are the actions of Muslim extremist the fault of all Muslims.
The French police officer killed in front of Charlie Hebdo was a Muslim, defending a place that mocked his religion rather than attacking it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt there has been religious sect vs religious sect issues, but they have been localized.

The muslim issue was well explained in the link I provided and the fact that Muslim men propagated world wide terrorism from 911 to the current ICIS problem.

All done in the name of Mohammad.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No doubt there has been religious sect vs religious sect issues, but they have been localized.

The muslim issue was well explained in the link I provided and the fact that Muslim men propagated world wide terrorism from 911 to the current ICIS problem.

All done in the name of Mohammad.

And many wrong things have been done in the name of Christ, and just like the wrongs being committed by some in the name of Mohammad wrong is wrong. But we sure don't want to have the history of christianity's wrongs define the whole religion now do we?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And many wrong things have been done in the name of Christ, and just like the wrongs being committed by some in the name of Mohammad wrong is wrong. But we sure don't want to have the history of christianity's wrongs define the whole religion now do we?

Lets talk about current times, not history.

History is fine for its sake, but the loss of innocent lives because a religion doesn't like another is not right.

I'm all for leaving them in their homelands and killing each other.

What I'm not for is them coming to my home and trying to kill me.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Billybob, I was referring to neither. World events and my curiosity lead me to look beyond the narrative given by media and governments. So I ask Why? more often than not along with Who, What, Where, When and How. I asked previously Who benefits? Definitely not Muslims as this event only causes growing hatred towards that religion. Before long I expect calls from people to round them all up into camps and gas them. Nothing happens without a causation. I don't subscribe to the popular narrative as it tends to be based on emotion and not reason. Chances are I'll be long gone before the truth comes out.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets talk about current times, not history.

History is fine for its sake, but the loss of innocent lives because a religion doesn't like another is not right.

I'm all for leaving them in their homelands and killing each other.

What I'm not for is them coming to my home and trying to kill me.

History has lead us to where we are, other than that I agree with what you've posted here. But I would add that the loss of innocent lives because of imperialism based on race, nationalism, and profit are also wrong. And I would agree with leaving them in their lands(and possibly sending some here and in Europe back) and us getting out of their lands also.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Billybob, I was referring to neither. World events and my curiosity lead me to look beyond the narrative given by media and governments. So I ask Why? more often than not along with Who, What, Where, When and How. I asked previously Who benefits? Definitely not Muslims as this event only causes growing hatred towards that religion. Before long I expect calls from people to round them all up into camps and gas them. Nothing happens without a causation. I don't subscribe to the popular narrative as it tends to be based on emotion and not reason. Chances are I'll be long gone before the truth comes out.

Understood, as I said I was just guessing(wrongly). And its true that Muslims as a whole are not benefitting from this, so as you say who is?
Maybe the truth is already out, maybe history makes it clear which is why so many seem to want it ignored or revised.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom