Texas farmers say drug war making job dangerous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texas farmers say drug war making job dangerous
PAUL J. WEBER, Associated Press

"However, some Texas Democratic lawmakers say the danger is being wildly overstated, and U.S. Border Patrol officials said they are not aware of landowners in the Rio Grande Valley facing increasing threats".

"The launch last week of ProtectYourTexasBorder.com also left the state somewhat embarrassed after the site's message board quickly filled with postings calling for vigilante justice and the killing of illegal immigrants. The postings have since been removed".

"An Arizona rancher was gunned down in 2009 while checking water lines on his property, in what authorities suspect was a killing carried out by a scout for drug smugglers. No arrests have been made. Apart from that incident, Arizona agricultural leaders say they've heard of no direct threats toward their farmers and ranchers".

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...say-drug-war-making-job-dangerous-1070975.php

Related story about website
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/11/controversial-texas-government-website-stay-amid-objections/

carbon

Marksman
Reaction score
"However, some Texas Democratic lawmakers say the danger is being wildly overstated, and U.S. Border Patrol officials said they are not aware of landowners in the Rio Grande Valley facing increasing threats".

Are Falcon Lake, a dead rancher and multiple Border Patrol agents killed not a threat?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Are Falcon Lake, a dead rancher and multiple Border Patrol agents killed not a threat?

Lets see here.

Democratic lawmakers: Check.
U.S. Border Patrol Officials: Check. (they work for the current master of Chicago politics)

I saw the other day where a farmer actually sold his farm because it was so dangerous. The reporter doing the story went up in a chopper at night, and they were up for all of 10 minutes before the border patrol radioed and asked for assistance. I'm really surprised that the state of Texas hasn't done something on their own yet.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This situation is part of a trend that I have noticed happening more frequently in the last decade or so. Eyes on the ground at a situation, be it a natural or man made disaster, will report on the severity of the situation and then some "expert" sitting in an office a thousand miles away will render his/her verdict, directly contradicting what multiple witnesses reported. Now I'm not saying every expert in a field is an idiot, but it seems like the ones the media contact are, more often than not.

As an example: a few years ago there was a local tornado, multiple eye witnesses, with multiple cell phone pictures and video posted on the local news. The talking heads on the national news, were cautioning that the event could not be classified as a tornado until the " Experts" issued their verdict.

Last edited:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"An Arizona rancher was gunned down in 2009 while checking water lines on his property, in what authorities suspect was a killing carried out by a scout for drug smugglers. No arrests have been made. Apart from that incident, Arizona agricultural leaders say they've heard of no direct threats by incoming future Democrat voters toward their farmers and ranchers".

There. I think that's closer to what they wanted to say.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This situation is part of a trend that I have noticed happening more frequently in the last decade or so. Eyes on the ground at a situation, be it a natural or man made disaster, will report on the severity of the situation and then some "expert" sitting in an office a thousand miles away will render his/her verdict, directly contradicting what multiple witnesses reported. Now I'm not saying every expert in a field is an idiot, but it seems like the ones the media contact are, more often than not.

As an example: a few years ago there was a local tornado, multiple eye witnesses, with multiple cell phone pictures and video posted on the local news. The talking heads on the national news, were cautioning that the event could not be classified as a tornado until the " Experts" issued there verdict.
I tend to agree. It's too bad more of those long distance reporters don't go the way of Connie Chung after the OKC bombing. It just goes to show that media, be it left or right, are going to manipulate any story they can to make it say what they want.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Illegal immigration and the violence, and the array of issues it brings is unheard of. Why? Dems = future voters, Repubs = more profit for BIG BIZ. News outlets they may focus on a wedge issue however it is quickly suppressed with news such as Tulsa's NAACP angry for White police officers responding to a Black neighborhood's call for help. In addition Mexico being our #2 oil exporter to the US has nothing to do with it. Oh forgot Diversity and Diversity programs, what about National Counsel for La Raza and their racist views. We the people are being held hostage by our own Gov, news, and all in the name for diversity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom