The "ammo scare"...I'm feeling old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I get down to 10,000, It's time for a trip to Powder Valley in Kansas. 10K is my minimum restocking level.
I remember the $60 a hundred days and I'll never have that experience again.
I've posted pics of my reloading cabinet, and there are two more just as loaded with components.

Is the trip worthwhile ?

I have made several orders from PV, shipped to my door. Even with Hazmat and shipping, I don't know if it would be worth it to drive up there.
Instead of shipping and HazMat, there is fuel, time, and sales tax.

I don't know....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the trip worthwhile ?

I have made several orders from PV, shipped to my door. Even with Hazmat and shipping, I don't know if it would be worth it to drive up there.

I don't know....

I live close and my Nissan gets 35 mpg. it’s a multi-task trip, stopping in Arkansas City at the butcher shop to buy fresh sausages, and the liquor store for high point beer. Then on to Winfield stopping in the gun shop “home on the range”. Danged nice gun-shop for a small town.
We don’t go there to pick up a hundred primers and a pound of powder. Usually have orders for several reloaders to pick up with a hefty price tag.
Coming back we hit the backroads around Kaw lake to look for wildlife.
Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the trip worthwhile ?

I don't know....

I've made the trip a few times. And yes. It is worth the trip. :blush:

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live close and my Nissan gets 35 mpg. it’s a multi-task trip, stopping in Arkansas City at the butcher shop to buy fresh sausages, and the liquor store for high point beer. Then on to Winfield stopping in the gun shop “home on the range”. Danged nice gun-shop for a small town.
We don’t go there to pick up a hundred primers and a pound of powder. Usually have orders for several reloaders to pick up with a hefty price tag.

Now you have me wonderings, whats the butcher shop up there? I haven't noticed one when I visit family in that area.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Indeed!

I blew 1/2 a paycheck every month at Power Valley when I reloaded. I lived in Pratt, so it wasn't too far away. I've made a few detours off I35 now that I live here. You can't beat the prices and the yellow lab. It's been a few years, hope he's still around.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now you have me wonderings, whats the butcher shop up there? I haven't noticed one when I visit family in that area.

WB meats. 423 south summit. Just past the second stoplight when coming into town from the south. West side of the road. Make all their sausage from pork butt. The German and jalapeño/cheese are the favorite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom