The Dutch Have Done It - Time For The U.S.A. Now???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Last edited:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A politician flip flopped on his position...

If we are going to do away with multi culturalism we need to start with the indian nations...

After all they set a fine example.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason america can't do this is because americans aren't a specific race or nationality. We all came over from some place else. Where the dutch were always there and the same type of people. So when you said we should focus on the american people, which ones do you mean? The german americans? Indian americans? Black americans? See where I'm going with this? We never had a specific culture in place because we were always multinational.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You miss my point, why not have seperate sharia law, we already have seperate laws on tribal lands, they even have their own government seperate from ours. Lets not talk about we can't do it because we are a melting pot, how about a little history.

Northern europe has been conquered and passed back and forth multiple times in history.

Some politician flip flopped on his position from 6 years ago and goes from one extreme to the other, so the question of the dutch have dine why can't we is moot because we have politicians do it all the time.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You miss my point, why not have seperate sharia law, we already have seperate laws on tribal lands, they even have their own government seperate from ours. Lets not talk about we can't do it because we are a melting pot, how about a little history.

Northern europe has been conquered and passed back and forth multiple times in history.

Some politician flip flopped on his position from 6 years ago and goes from one extreme to the other, so the question of the dutch have dine why can't we is moot because we have politicians do it all the time.

So are you commenting more in a joking manner or being realistic? Tribal lands are also separate from government land so you're saying we should have a place for babtists, methodist, jews, athiest, and muslims, and let them all have their own rules? What about if a mormon marries multiple wives and one of them is a babtist? do we follow the mormon rules or the babtists?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am saying if the intent of the original poster was to truly do away with multi culturalism then before jumping on the popular anti muslim bandwagon maybe he should address a pre existing multi cultural precedence that already exists in the United States of America.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do understand why the tribes have their own sovereign land right?

Based upon the original post in this thread it's not relevant. If the desire is to do away with multiculturalism in the United States instead of pointing to the dutch and the ever popular jump on the anti Muslim bandwagon he should be promulgating the end of treaties with what is essentially a conquered nation and fully integrating them into US society.

Does that sound historically familiar?

My intent was to point the absurdity and bandwagon mentality of the original post I have family who are Cherokee and have a medicine feather that was a gift from a Muskogee medicine man.

Allowing people to retain their culture is fine, as long as they are willing to be citizens of the United States.

The flip side of the coin is yes we have set a precedence for separate nations within our borders. The Dutch are doing away with essentially a separate nation they allowed to be formed within their borders.

The key point of that whole story was politics are the same everywhere, 6 years ago the guy was all for it and now on the tide of popular opinion he is all against it.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based upon the original post in this thread it's not relevant. If the desire is to do away with multiculturalism in the United States instead of pointing to the dutch and the ever popular jump on the anti Muslim bandwagon he should be promulgating the end of treaties with what is essentially a conquered nation and fully integrating them into US society.

Does that sound historically familiar?

My intent was to point the absurdity and bandwagon mentality of the original post I have family who are Cherokee and have a medicine feather that was a gift from a Muskogee medicine man.

Allowing people to retain their culture is fine, as long as they are willing to be citizens of the United States.

The flip side of the coin is yes we have set a precedence for separate nations within our borders. The Dutch are doing away with essentially a separate nation they allowed to be formed within their borders.

The key point of that whole story was politics are the same everywhere, 6 years ago the guy was all for it and now on the tide of popular opinion he is all against it.

I approve of this 100%

Latest posts

Top Bottom