The Lack of "Community" on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
with an out of state owner came a more national feel more about money than kinship. look at the advertisers most are out of state companies such as cheaper than dirt who was the first to gouge the gun community after sandy hook. lot of good people left and assholes like yukonglocker and bulbboy came oozing out from the rocks they had been hiding under. so ya it has change
The rock I came oozing out of was a killer Ph.D. program. Sorry if that interrupted everyone's life as much as it did mine.

we used to do that before the change
We still do. There's at least one group of people here that meet monthly. Also, we will be having more community get-togethers...In the past, I organized many of those and then I lost the time to when I started the Ph.D. program. Anyone can organize one if that's something they want.

I would have to say it is the Mods that kill this forum and have for the past few years. I am an American Indian, why would I want to join a forum that has a Mod that thinks racism is a big joke and never happens. It's different if a member has that opinion, but when a Mod does, it pushes people away. If you do not believe me read the white privilege thread and lots of things that the Fatboy tactical Mod says on here.
I strive to address this issue on the forum because it's an important one to me. I've even started threads to bring more awareness about it (e.g., http://www.okshooters.com/threads/stereotypes-prejudice-and-discrimination.221027/). Please let me know if you see a post (by anyone) that is problematic because I don't read every post made on this forum.

Surjimmy, below is the reason why, and reason why it will stay like that. Neither posts came from a thread that had anything to do with churches or religion.
Sorry that you missed them, but both of those religious posts by me were direct responses to religious posts by others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
shootin4fun thinks its fine to make disparaging remarks about women, in general, and other groups such as his constant need to insult short people. he behavior causes people to have a negative opinion of the forum. shootin4fun, as a mod, is a representative of the forum, unlike regular members.

Don't forget fat people, I make disparaging remarks about myself constantly.

#fatprivilege

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was tongue-in-cheek, in reference to a known troll that posts like a lost Phelps child and brings up sodomy every chance he gets. I fail to see how my sarcastic use of that word is more offensive than said troll's repeated calls for discrimination against and marginalization of homosexuals.

The goalposts around here.... they have wings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom