The Lack of "Community" on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
did I pull your chain? The point is he is a mod I am not. Thank you for helping me prove my point about his avatar.
I thought public posts were intended to be read (and possibly replied to) by all, my bad if I butted into a personal conversation - afraid I didn't see the "private" light on. I don't really buy into the "higher standard" stuff for moderators, either - but if that's really troublesome perhaps the system should be modified such that nobody knows who the moderators are and they can feel as free to use the system as anyone else does.

Half-Cocked

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a relatively new member here, I tend to like it. I mostly just lurk in the shadows and choose what drama to read through and what to skip. I have found several posts, firearms related and not, that have been informative and just as many that have been a waste of brain cells... but then again, before this forum, I found the same thing in my everyday life. Much like a TV program, I didn't come here to be offended, and If I feel I might be, I change the channel... problem solved... just my two cents... carry on.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess as in a lot of communities, there are decent folks and then there are indecent folks. Sometimes, when one of them shows up I just think, "oh crap, there goes the neighborhood".

so, as a mod you intend to offend people on the forum?

Ya know, there's a way to ignore people here...it might come in handy. Seems like you're not getting anywhere in the conversation eh? He's pushin' yer buttons and you're takin' the bait; no need to do it. Ignore it.

Edit: Well crap, I'm wrong in this case; looks like you can't put a mod on "ignore" but you can still ignore what anyone has to say if you wanna lower your blood pressure.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess as in a lot of communities, there are decent folks and then there are indecent folks. Sometimes, when one of them shows up I just think, "oh crap, there goes the neighborhood".

Ya know, there's a way to ignore people here...it might come in handy. Seems like you're not getting anywhere in the conversation eh? He's pushin' yer buttons and you're takin' the bait; no need to do it. Ignore it.

Edit: Well crap, I'm wrong in this case; looks like you can't put a mod on "ignore" but you can still ignore what anyone has to say if you wanna lower your blood pressure.
I am not taking any bait, I sort off think it is funny. I never get upset about anything on the internet. S4F is an ass, I am enjoying pointing it out to him. Maybe S4F should think about some of the stuff that he puts online, as a business owner.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So mods arent supposed to post their opinions or continue to be a regular contributer to posts and threads all just because theyre mods? Hmmm. In tons of other forums I belong to on a variety of subjects as well the admins in my Facebook groups- they all post as if theyre regular members. Theyre just there as admins to make sure the forums rules get followed, chase off trolls, ban or suspend naughty members, etc.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not taking any bait, I sort off think it is funny. I never get upset about anything on the internet. S4F is an ass, I am enjoying pointing it out to him. Maybe S4F should think about some of the stuff that he puts online, as a business owner.

I have never denied being an ass.

I run two successful businesses, should I bow out of both because I'm an ass?

Latest posts

Top Bottom