The (New) Adult Beverage thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get it shipped. You cant get it shipped into OK yet, but if ya know someone close by in KS or MO cant ya have it shipped to them? That was a plus when I lived in Iowa and back home in CA.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just drank some of the smoothest/best sipping whiskey I've ever tasted .. Knob creek 120 proof, single barrel, aged 9 years

a bit pricey at $37 but most smooth single malt start at that price. found it at a liquor store at 51st Sheridan in Tulsa.

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
="_CY_, post: 2891678, member: 7629"]just drank some of the smoothest/best sipping whiskey I've ever tasted .. Knob creek 120 proof, single barrel, aged 9 years

a bit pricey at $37 but most smooth single malt start at that price. found it at a liquor store at 51st Sheridan in Tulsa.
How does it compare the normal Knob Creek?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the store I hit the most when I'm in Tulsa. I will be stopping by there this coming week to stock up... although I'm leaving the country for 3 weeks, so I don't know why. lol

Here's what my in-laws brought me:
www.sunsetrum.com_index_htm_files_2224.jpg

Supposedly voted one of the best in the entire world. Gets some rave reviews. I'll see if I can take some pics at the distillery in a week or two for ya'll rum lovers. :drunk5:

I picked up some of the Anniversario mentioned above as well, but I just don't drink a lot of rum... haven't tried either one. I will remedy that. Probably this morning. "D

As for the ryes I tried some Pikeville, which is good, too. I got some of RH's Dickel, but haven't tried it yet. The Sazerac was AWESOME. I loved it, especially in whiskey sours with bitters.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just drank some of the smoothest/best sipping whiskey I've ever tasted .. Knob creek 120 proof, single barrel, aged 9 years

[Broken External Image]

Knob is my normal go to. I haven't tried the Single Barrel yet. How does it compare?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO the single barrel version of Knob Creek is much nicer vs std Knob. very smooth with loads more flavor. evidently the makers select individual barrels especially for this version. each batch is suppose to be different.

at 120 proof makes me think this is straight from the barrel grade or close to it.

DSC05830.jpg

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know...........Knob Creek is made by Jim Beam. Nothing wrong with that but a lot of people are surprised when they hear this.

To me, Knob Creek tastes like a weak version of my BELOVED George Dickel #12. As I type this I'm in the process of obtaining some George Dickel 17 year old.

[Broken External Image]

**Supposedly found by accident***

[Broken External Image]

From a website:

Jack Daniels makes up the lion’s share of attention when it comes to Tennessee whiskey, but the next-largest competitor, Diageo’s George Dickel, is also known for some rather interesting offerings. The latest of these is said to have been found near the back of a warehouse by distiller Allisa Henley when “she wasn’t really even looking for it.” Enter the new George Dickel 17 Year Old.

The George Dickel 17 Year Old, according to the distillery, came about when Henley

“[W]as searching George Dickel’s single story barrel warehouses for 9-Year Old whisky to use in the Hand Selected Barrel Program she’d launched in 2014. However, after pulling a sample from a row of 17-Year Old barrels near the back of one of the warehouses, she knew it was too good not to share as the extra time in the barrel had resulted in a perfectly balanced, flavorful sipping whisky.”

“From the moment I first sipped it, I knew George Dickel 17-Year-Old was special,” said Henley in a statement. “People are going to remember where they were when they first tasted it, and I love knowing it will be right here in my home state of Tennessee.”

The limited edition 17-year-old, with a mash bill of 84% corn, 8% rye, and 8% malted barley, will only be available at George Dickel’s Cascade Hollow Distillery Visitor’s Center in Tullahoma, Tennessee, and select retailers in the statewith strong whiskey programs. It will price around $75 for a 375 ml bottle.

Official tasting notes for this whiskey, bottled at 87 proof, are available below from Dickel for your consideration.

George Dickel 17-Year Old possesses a nose of sweet molasses and rich oak, and has a deep golden amber color. The whisky enters the palate with subtly sweet tastes of vanilla and caramel before peppery spice notes emerge mid-palate. The sip ends with a deep, complex toasted oak finish.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got spoiled last week. Cruise ship with the premium drink package. Woodford Reserve, Dickel, Knob Creek, Patron,, all the top shelf scotches.
It was tough thinking of every cocktail/wine to try. Back to reality this week.....dammit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom