The (New) Adult Beverage thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a rum dinner at the Coach House last weekend, and really enjoyed it. I've never had REALLY good rum before. Some of it is pretty affordable too apparently... the trouble is finding it in OK.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone sip liquor and chase it with a swallow of beer?

As a young man in Germany (71-73) I was exposed to it,,,
Older German men would sit with a small glass of schnapps and a beer.

They took a sip of the schnapps,,,,
Then chased it with a gulp of the beer.

I like Myers Dark Rum quite a bit,,,
One evening I was sipping a shot of it at Joseppi's in Stillwater,,,
One of the servers set a cold bottle of Hornsby's Apple Cider on my table.

Someone at the bar ordered it but left before it got to them,,,
Being an almost everyday regular, the barkeep sent the cider to me as a "tip".

So I had a sip of the rum,,,
Then absentmindedly took a gulp of the cider.

Oh Man!,,,
It tasted great!

The apple flavor collided with the dark rum,,,
Resulting in an explosion of flavor.

It's a regular drink in my rotation now,,,
We named it a Jamaican Apple Pie.

Try on if you are a dark rum person,,,
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by it.

Myerss_original_dark_rum.png

PLUS

www.candcgroupplc.com___data_assets_image_0006_19932_hslide2.jpg

=

shot_1286398536.jpg

Aarond

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our local Package stores put on a burbon/whisky tasting meet once. 4 roses won the night.
My dad drank it and its what I like also. He had a buddy when I was growing up his nickname was 4 Roses, I dont even remember his real name. The wife always buys it for me for special occasions. Shes a keeper. I drink the l.e. single barrel. My kid got me the blended for Xmas and even tho it wasnt the same it was a gift so it was ok.

The wife brought us back some goodies from CO recently (not those kind...)- there is a small batch distillery in Loveland named Dancing Pines, the tasting room is in Estes Park. She loves their rum and she brings me their bourban, vodka, and spiced rum. I have a little bit left of the bourban and am feeling sad about it, fixin to start in on the vodka, drank the spiced rum first night I got it. Some really good stuff. Thankfully shes going there soon to look at more houses so Im gonna get fixed up.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a big scotch drinker but my wife's two stepbrothers are and their dad was a HUGE scotch guy. He died several years ago so we have been going through his collection, according to them it is a $15,000-20,000 collection. I know for a fact that when i knew him he went to Scotland/Ireland at least 4 times and always talked about the scotch he brought back. Tonight's first bottle was a 30 year old "Camas an Staca" and it tasted terrible, neither of the brothers liked it either so my neighbor got the bottle cause he loved it. Next was an Oban Highland that was medicinal but good.....going to break into the Glenmorangies and the James King next

Latest posts

Top Bottom