The (New) Adult Beverage thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Homemade sweet and sour is ideal for margaritas, but if you're too lazy, the best mix is Lasco -- they have it at bar supply stores. They have both a lemon and a lime one. Get them both and mix them in equal parts for a pretty kick ass sour mix.

As far as tequila goes, I like Don Julio and Tres Generaciones. Both are cheaper than Patron but just as good. I like both blanco and resposado, and both make a good margarita. Another thing I like to do with tequila is to make pepper infused tequila. Slice up some peppers of your choice based on your heat preference, soak them in blanco tequila for a few days/weeks, and you have some damn good stuff. Once the tequila has taken on sufficient heat from the pepper, strain it out so it doesn't spoil and ruin the tequila. If you don't want to go too crazy with the heat but like a little extra pepper kick, use Anaheim peppers. Anaheim infused tequila makes a damn good margarita.

One thing I've been getting into a little bit lately is rye. I really dig the smell and spicy taste. My favorite so far is Russell's Reserve 6 year, which is about a $30 bottle.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I've been getting into a little bit lately is rye. I really dig the smell and spicy taste. My favorite so far is Russell's Reserve 6 year, which is about a $30 bottle.

don't overlook the bulleit rye. affordable, goes great mixed and is even nice enough to sip on it's own IMO

Russell's reserve is nice too. I enjoy the 10 year bourbon a lot.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
don't overlook the bulleit rye. affordable, goes great mixed and is even nice enough to sip on it's own IMO

Russell's reserve is nice too. I enjoy the 10 year bourbon a lot.

I didn't mention it, but I like Bulleit rye a lot too. It's a good one that the bars will usually have. It's definitely good enough to drink neat. I don't think most rye is really helped by aging very long, like a barley malt whisky... the characteristics that make it good are toned down by the smoothing effect of aging. I like a nice spicy lively young rye. I like the Buffalo Trace a lot too. The only rye I've tried recently that I didn't like at all was Pendleton 1910 12 year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom