The new internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My internet got cut off a week or two ago, but i'm still able to use it on my computer. Just the wifi and gaming consoles are cut off from using it. Is this something new that internet companies are doing? Free limited internet due to covid or something? I was thinking it was for kids who do school from home. I just can't find anything on the internet explaining it.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how they could just cut off wifi since it comes through your internet connection. Sounds more like something wrong with your wifi router? Are the gaming consoles connected through wifi? Did you try unplugging your wifi router (or modem if it's not separate) and plug it back in?

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how they could just cut off wifi since it comes through your internet connection. Sounds more like something wrong with your wifi router? Are the gaming consoles connected through wifi? Did you try unplugging your wifi router (or modem if it's not separate) and plug it back in?
oh, no its cut off.. I didn't have money to pay the bill lol. However, ever since they "cut it off", i've still been able to use internet, but only for my computer. My ps4 is connect VIA ethernet as well, but says there isn't any internet. I'm tech savvy with computers and messing around with routers, so i know its nothing to do with that.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya, it’s thrown me for a loop lol. However, it would make sense to keep limited internet for free since kids and people were forced to stay home. I think kids can still choose to do in person schooling or from home.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it possible that your pc joined an unsecured network from a neighbor? What network does your pc say it is connected to in the list of available connections? Look at your router settings with your browser and see what the provider IP address is, then do a whois lookup for that IP.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it possible that your pc joined an unsecured network from a neighbor? What network does your pc say it is connected to in the list of available connections? Look at your router settings with your browser and see what the provider IP address is, then do a whois lookup for that IP.
Definitely not. My computer doesn't have wifi lol. Only way my computer can get internet is through ethernet. Its my router and network. I stay on top of my internet security lol. Even ran a packet sniffing program, and all my packets are being sent directly from my network to my provider. So it has nothing to do with any of that. It has to be a new policy or something of that nature.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh, the speed is through the roof lmao.

screenshot-www.speedtest.net-2022.08.31-12_53_32.png

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You only get (generally speaking) one IP address from your residential Internet provider. Your router does the translation from internal IP addresses to that one IP address from your provider, WIFI included. If one device works, they all should work unless something is monkeyed with. Question is, who manages your router. You or your provider?

Latest posts

Top Bottom