The new internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not mess with it and wait until you can pay it to ask questions. I pay over $100 a month, and
you get literally 38 times the speed that I can get. It is going to get better soon though. Pioneer is
putting in fiber optic.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not mess with it and wait until you can pay it to ask questions. I pay over $100 a month, and
you get literally 38 times the speed that I can get. It is going to get better soon though. Pioneer is
putting in fiber optic.
oh, man i know what you mean. For 10 years, i had like a 1mpb upload speed from cox lmao and we were paying for the premium package. Their excuse was, my house was so far and had to link so many cables together to reach my house. Which, i don't know how true that is. Also didn't have fiber in that neighborhood. Thankfully, this one we do.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m jealous of the speed you folks get.
Ours is really slow. Today’s test is better than it typically is.

3F54697D-8169-44EF-BE0B-9B20C12F50D0.png

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just live in a somewhat good neighborhood. They had fiber optics for awhile. We had the best internet package all this time. Not sure if all their packages have gigabyte speeds. The wifi sucks though. My 4g cell data is faster is most cases.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oh, man i know what you mean. For 10 years, i had like a 1mpb upload speed from cox lmao and we were paying for the premium package. Their excuse was, my house was so far and had to link so many cables together to reach my house. Which, i don't know how true that is. Also didn't have fiber in that neighborhood. Thankfully, this one we do.
Don't know who told you that, but they were FOS. If the modem is getting good levels the speed will be there. The only thing I could think of was you had an older modem that wouldn't channel bond upstream channels (or that it was before upstream bonding was done). Also depends on what package you had at the time.

But yeah, fiber is better.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know who told you that, but they were FOS. If the modem is getting good levels the speed will be there. The only thing I could think of was you had an older modem that wouldn't channel bond upstream channels (or that it was before upstream bonding was done). Also depends on what package you had at the time.

But yeah, fiber is better.
It was the installer that did the lines for my neighborhood. He had to come back and fix the line because it got disconnected by a storm or something. We had the best package cox offered at the time. As for my router-
R6250 — Smart WiFi-Router AC Dual Band Gigabit. Not sure what the modem was. It was the one they issue you with the package.

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was the installer that did the lines for my neighborhood. He had to come back and fix the line because it got disconnected by a storm or something. We had the best package cox offered at the time. As for my router-
R6250 — Smart WiFi-Router AC Dual Band Gigabit. Not sure what the modem was. It was the one they issue you with the package.
Which neighborhood was that and how long ago?

Latest posts

Top Bottom