The One that got away....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've all had one--or at least we should have had one--you know, The One that got away. Mine's a Tulsa girl. "Walk and talk to Susie, walk and talk to Susie, walk and talk to Susie, walkin' and talkin' to Susie". What about yours? Tell us about The One that got away.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I caught a few, put notches on my pole, got my line broke numorous times. Then one day I hung a real beaut. I set the hook and tightened my drag. She fought hard and bout broke my rod but i was using my unbreakable ugly-stik.

Now i sometimes think about past fishin trips, in exotic lands, across the ponds, but im always thankfull that the last one i mounted was my true keeper.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL I know the feeling. The one that got away from me Is till think about fairly regularly. Still have surreal dreams as well. Been almost 4 years since Ive seen her..

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm damn glad the "one that got away" got away..far, far away...and I pray she stays there.

Agreed - though mine got away with less animosity. Her getting away was the best thing to happen to me, because she made room for the one that didn't.

I still occasionally see the first one that got away; still wonder "what if". And we're still good friends - as is her husband and I.

Latest posts

Top Bottom