The One that got away....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lurker,

I am sure your heart's in the right place and that you are sincere in your love of this woman but man your poetry is bad! Take analogy, metaphor, and poetic imagery 101 again. LOL

Its an advanced style of poetry, completely new and unheard of. Lol.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trophy fishing is no fun. You spend all your time trying to get them to like your artificial presentation, and when you're unskilled with mediocre equipment like myself, you come home empty handed more often than not. On the rare occasions you do catch one, you realize that you mainly just wanted to show your buddies you don't get skunked all the time.

It's much more enjoyable to get into the stockers, the dinks, the non-game varieties. I mean they fight just as well, and the action is a lot more fast-paced. You can either grab your rod and find a bed during the spawn and really get into 'em, or you can spend your time studying topos and lake maps trying to find structure you think might hold something more respectable.

Ya'll wouldn't believe me, if I tol't ya.

I'll leave it at that.

Lawl. I would.

Cause that 10+lb bass in '99 was a heartbreaker. She got up in the grass and snap! Broke my line and my heart at the same time.

Man, that's terrible. If you ever need to talk, I've lost a couple smallies and one trout I still think about on lonely nights. I know what you're feeling.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But for rill tho, one I used to think walked on water is (and in retrospect was) weirder than all get out and a total loser. And this is coming from a weird loser. The other is either destined for greatness or total destruction, depending on which side of the mental illness and substance abuse / intelligence and work ethic wheel the pointer lands on. The wheel was still spinning last time I checked, but I couldn't take the suspense so I changed the channel.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, most of the ones that got away were too good to be true. About 2005-ish i met a girl from siloam named maria. She was sweet and down to earth but she just kinda disappeared off the face of the earth back in 2010. Haven't heard from her since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom