The One that got away....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was this cowboy at MIT. Good God I thought he was the cat's meow ... I was gonna make my move at his birthday bash ... Problem is Cheryl made her move first and I just didn't have it in me to try and out-do her. Funny thing is I saw this cowboy's best friend a few years later and he said the guy had always had a crush on me but was too afraid I'd turn him down to ask me out ...

He's a really nice guy, too. Finished school, married and settled down with 2.5 kids last time I heard anything ...

Ahhhhhh, to be young and stupid again ... But then, if either one of us had had a hair back then I'd probably never met GC ...

You gotta keep these things in perspective, I suppose ... But, DAY-UM he was a handsome fella ... Nobody wore their Wranglers like he did ... That guy could scoot a boot, too ... taught me how to two-step ... :teehee:

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nicki. Uh... It's a long story! :w000t:

82452.jpg

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had to many that got away to talk about it here. Most I don,t care about. But my ex-wife is the one that got away. My fault. But we did so many things together and had it made. Oh well. Life goes on. But I did get the other one that got away back. She is wonderful.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I caught a few, put notches on my pole, got my line broke numorous times. Then one day I hung a real beaut. I set the hook and tightened my drag. She fought hard and bout broke my rod but i was using my unbreakable ugly-stik.

Now i sometimes think about past fishin trips, in exotic lands, across the ponds, but im always thankfull that the last one i mounted was my true keeper.

Lurker,

I am sure your heart's in the right place and that you are sincere in your love of this woman but man your poetry is bad! Take analogy, metaphor, and poetic imagery 101 again. LOL

Incrediblerod

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've all had one--or at least we should have had one--you know, The One that got away. Mine's a Tulsa girl. "Walk and talk to Susie, walk and talk to Susie, walk and talk to Susie, walkin' and talkin' to Susie". What about yours? Tell us about The One that got away.

Is this who you had lunch with on Friday?

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yall talkin bout women or fish?

Cause that 10+lb bass in '99 was a heartbreaker. She got up in the grass and snap! Broke my line and my heart at the same time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom