The School Shootings That Weren't

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bureaucracies are always slow...especially to admit something that makes them look bad.

Truth vs Power? Power wins in D.C. every time.

If a politically appointed head becomes perceived as an enemy of the department, life is going to be tough for them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't bring the idiotic in this thread, Terry.

I didn't say you did. However, the placement of anyone's comment when two are merged together could throw your comment into a juxtaposition that makes it seem idiotic. I imagine that when threads are merged, all comments are placed based on the time they were made. Not that I gamble, but I suppose it is kind of like shooting at the crap tables.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all are so busy bashing NPR that you missed the point.

First of all, @dennishoddy and @TonyKane1, this isn't the media lying; this is the media disproving .gov's claim. This is the media doing what it's supposed to be doing. As to whether .gov was lying or merely incompetent, I won't weigh in, but this is not something that should be blamed on the media.

Second, and even more important, this is our own adversaries putting out information that helps us tremendously. If this had been on, say, Breitbart, it would be dismissed instantly by about half the population. Because it's on NPR, though, I have liberal friends who want to know more. And not just liberal; master's-degree-in-social-work liberal. They're listening, because they can't dismiss it as being right-wing propaganda.

Moreover, it's well-sourced: it is not just original research, but also cites to sources they like, and still supports us. Sources like Everytown. If we take the numbers put out by Everytown at face value, then the official numbers are "only" overstating things by a factor of eight. If we take NPRs investigation-based analysis, it's closer to a factor of thirty. And when contacted about the discrepancy, the .gov agency in charge had no intention of re-releasing the numbers to be accurate.

If we're going to use the official report to drive policy, that report needs to have some basis in reality; this one doesn't. Articles like this, from sources the left trusts, are some of the most useful, effective arguments we have, and y'all want to squabble over media bias?
Thanks for clearing it up. I shouldn’t have posted what I did. Thanks for posting all the info.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news outfit. Probably why you listen to it, JD [if that's yer REAL NAME]. NPR exposing the lies of the Trump Administration Department of Education run by the incompetent Betsy De Vos. "Shocked that they admitted it?" They didn't admit it, they researched it and exposed it. Damned fake news liberals. LOL

Why is someone with extreme Trump Derangement Syndrome be posting on this website. Shouldn't you be at at Antifa meeting or wherever domestic enemies are?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all are so busy bashing NPR that you missed the point.

First of all, @dennishoddy and @TonyKane1, this isn't the media lying; this is the media disproving .gov's claim. This is the media doing what it's supposed to be doing. As to whether .gov was lying or merely incompetent, I won't weigh in, but this is not something that should be blamed on the media.
Hold on a minute there before you start accusing me of a blanket offense.
I reported what the NPR did with a minimum of research into government records. It didn't take much to prove the .gov numbers false. Kudu's to them.
When I blame the media in general, they are at fault for not doing what NPR did. I suspect they already knew the report was false, and ran with the .gov numbers because it met their narrative. They do have a history of that do they not? Their investigative reporters could have done the very thing that NPR did. Check the facts and verify. They did and refused to report the truth or were not really investigative reporters.
Very similar to the Lanny Davis case unfolding now with CNN and WAPO knowing the truth about their story of Trump knowing in advance of a meeting by his son with a Russian lawyer that he admitted was completely false now. CNN and WaPo has continued the story as if the confession never happened as a true story.
I stand by my statement that the media in general is working a narrative. Oh yeah, btw, fox news has been reporting the correct number of school shooting incidents for quite awhile. I guess someone there does their homework.

Latest posts

Top Bottom