The Stupidity of "Buy American:" The Case Against Economic Protectionism

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was "from the ground up" so it could meet the new NASCAR spec.

And the 2012 engines will be extremely similar until they start really working R&D on the quirks of fuel injection.

The bore spacing isn't even the same as a SBC. It contains zero components based on the SBC as you had previously stated.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still want the cherry '65 Fairlane 500 in white with bright red interior that I had the option and should have bought as my first car back in the mid 80's.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Most .gov regulations impacting commerce are initially pushed by some entity with an individual agenda. Those agendas rarely have anything to do with the good of America as a whole. I've said it time and again, we've become overburdened with laws and regulations that negatively impact our country. We're no longer the free nation we once were. The best thing we could do is elect representatives who would focus on undoing as many of these restrictions as possible. Will it cause some businesses to fold? Absolutely. Rather than being viewed as a negative, it should be viewed as opening the way for new buisness opportunities to replace less viable ones. Rather than having a whole bunch of sick businesses that rely on .gov dole-outs to stay afloat, we'd have healthy, independent businesses. American protectionism has lead to a much less healthy herd. It's time to cull out the sick and make room for the healthy. The only way to promote healthy businesses is to stop drowning them in needless regulations and laws.

Come to think of it, that would be beneficial in just about every aspect of this over-regulated country. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom