The Tesla Electric Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those folks are going to need coal or Gas plant generation to charge those batteries.

Lol. The greenies are too stupid to realize that they are going to need a lot more coal, petroleum and gas to even produce the things they think are saving the planet with, like say, wind turbines.

I think they miss the point that gargantuan amounts of hydrocarbons are used to mine metallic ores to produce metals. More are used to transport them to a smelter. More are used to power the furnaces at the smelter. More to transport the metals to the wholesaler. More from the wholesaler to the manufacturing plant which uses ton more in coal and gas fueled electricity to make machined components. More to haul the components to the end manufacturer.

Then there are the resins used to produce blades, nacelle and mast. Those come from petroleum too. They have to be processed, transported, etc.

Then there are the cranes and heavy equipment to erect them. They have to manufacture and fuel those too.

Ditto for literally everything we use in our lives, from the wiring in our house and that mystical electrical grid all the way down to the bowl we eat cereal out of in the morning. Eliminating hydrocarbon production and usage is simply a pipe dream.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. The greenies are too stupid to realize that they are going to need a lot more coal, petroleum and gas to even produce the things they think are saving the planet with, like say, wind turbines.

I think they miss the point that gargantuan amounts of hydrocarbons are used to mine metallic ores to produce metals. More are used to transport them to a smelter. More are used to power the furnaces at the smelter. More to transport the metals to the wholesaler. More from the wholesaler to the manufacturing plant which uses ton more in coal and gas fueled electricity to make machined components. More to haul the components to the end manufacturer.

Then there are the resins used to produce blades, nacelle and mast. Those come from petroleum too. They have to be processed, transported, etc.

Then there are the cranes and heavy equipment to erect them. They have to manufacture and fuel those too.

Ditto for literally everything we use in our lives, from the wiring in our house and that mystical electrical grid all the way down to the bowl we eat cereal out of in the morning. Eliminating hydrocarbon production and usage is simply a pipe dream.

Lets not forget the eagles, raptors and migratory birds, some on the endangered list that are killed annually by the wind turbines. Somehow that is OK for the greenies.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At some point in the production of these fossil fuel-less electric generating technologies, there will be enough "green" energy used in the process to lower that carbon footprint. Whether it be solar, wind, water, etc... At a certain point, the majority will come from these, so they'll be producing the energy to create clean energy.

Think of it like learning a new skill. Where would you be if you quit shooting after shooting your first mag (clip for some of you) for not putting 5-shot dimes on target? Some of y'all have too much quit in ya for a bunch of fudds that complain about the world of quitters and participation trophies lol

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At some point in the production of these fossil fuel-less electric generating technologies, there will be enough "green" energy used in the process to lower that carbon footprint. Whether it be solar, wind, water, etc... At a certain point, the majority will come from these, so they'll be producing the energy to create clean energy.
Only if you can get the greenies to pull their heads out of their kiesters and get on board the nuclear train. Aside from the problems of having to store electricity, wind and solar generation have a huge physical footprint relative to current power generation systems. Where are you going to get that kind of acreage near large population centers?

FWIW, my problem with green energy isn't with it directly, it's with the gov't pushing it (see my .sig).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Think of it like learning a new skill. Where would you be if you quit shooting after shooting your first mag (clip for some of you) for not putting 5-shot dimes on target? Some of y'all have too much quit in ya for a bunch of fudds that complain about the world of quitters and participation trophies lol
What will they construct them of then? Hemp or bamboo turbin's? Alternators have to be built of what? Transmission wires and insulation out of what?
It's currently impossible to eliminate the carbon footprint of the green energy now or in the future. If one wants to go back to the wooden water wheel or the windmills of old that had generators for electricity production using no nails and you want to live in a world of 12 volt lighting and wood burning stoves that requires carbon footprint to produce the wire and the glass in the oil fired lamps, no AC and wood burning heat, your screwed. It will never get to total green energy. You can call fudd but in reality, all of that relies on technology that creates carbon footprint in its inception and its duration.
There is absolutely nothing that can be called totally green other than a teepee with a wood fire in the middle of it.
Are you ready for that?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What will they construct them of then? Hemp or bamboo turbin's? Alternators have to be built of what? Transmission wires and insulation out of what?
It's currently impossible to eliminate the carbon footprint of the green energy now or in the future. If one wants to go back to the wooden water wheel or the windmills of old that had generators for electricity production using no nails and you want to live in a world of 12 volt lighting and wood burning stoves that requires carbon footprint to produce the wire and the glass in the oil fired lamps, no AC and wood burning heat, your screwed. It will never get to total green energy. You can call fudd but in reality, all of that relies on technology that creates carbon footprint in its inception and its duration.
There is absolutely nothing that can be called totally green other than a teepee with a wood fire in the middle of it.
Are you ready for that?

You're missing the point Hoddy. Steel, iron, aluminum, copper, etc... are all made with electricity. At a certain point, the majority of electricity will come from these renewable energies. The fudd mentality I'm talking about is getting stuck in that dangerous mindset of "We've always done it this way." Or the incredibly unamerican attitude of "It can't be done." It's not green right now, but that's no reason to abandon the science going into this technology. Eventually, these will even be transported by greener energies as electric trucking and shipping.

I know I can't change your mind. I don't expect you to at your age. But I hope you (and everyone else) lives to see a breakthrough that does change minds. Not for the 'I told you so' moment, but for the collective betterment of our species.

I spent summers living in a yurt with my hippie aunt and Uncle. I could handle a teepee lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're missing the point Hoddy. Steel, iron, aluminum, copper, etc... are all made with electricity. At a certain point, the majority of electricity will come from these renewable energies. The fudd mentality I'm talking about is getting stuck in that dangerous mindset of "We've always done it this way." Or the incredibly unamerican attitude of "It can't be done." It's not green right now, but that's no reason to abandon the science going into this technology. Eventually, these will even be transported by greener energies as electric trucking and shipping.

I know I can't change your mind. I don't expect you to at your age. But I hope you (and everyone else) lives to see a breakthrough that does change minds. Not for the 'I told you so' moment, but for the collective betterment of our species.

I spent summers living in a yurt with my hippie aunt and Uncle. I could handle a teepee lol
Again, you get me wrong. I'm a technology guy. When I first got into it, you were required to know morse code as part of your military training. My job morphed into satellite installation transmitters and receivers for our government.
Afterwards was in the business of building and troubleshooting CNC technology that controlled machine tools in the oil and gas industry. In my recent before retiring job I programmed and troubleshot a billion dollar power plant control system that was unique to any software control system in the world. Serial number 1 and 2. We were the beta testers of that system that has taken over the power plant industry developing most of it during installation and qualification tests afterwards. We gutted the control system of a 550 megawatt power plant system in 2002 and rebuilt it with fiber optics, getting the massive unit back on line in 8 weeks.
In 2004 we did the same thing with Unit 2.
Don't call me a fudd. I live in a world of reality that won't end in 10 years, and fully understand the hypocrisy of the green idiots that unfortunately don't have a freeking clue about what they are talking about because they are only parroting what they have been told. Every 10 year prediction has failed since the 70's ice age prediction.
I have a unique insight into technology history and how it has progressed over the years which is why I don't buy into the greenie narrative.
Physical truths have a large play in it. You cannot make a wind turbine without steel, copper, etc. you cannot build solar without using things detrimental to the environment in the manufacturing process and in the end of life when it has to be recycled or discarded.
This world will never subsist with what the greenies want. Something has to die to feed us be it lettuce or beef. Tofu has to be made of something.
The green movement by the dimocrats is about power.
It's about taking away your freedom to choose. Like Bloomberg in NY, taking away your big cup of soda. Ready for that?
They want to control your everyday life and the life of your children. Pretty successful looking at the college BS going on right now. 500 protestors at the Yale vs Harvard game at half time protesting climate change? These are the new leaders of this country that are totally brainwashed idiots.
Conservative speakers are not allowed while radical communist are applauded. Your OK with that?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're confusing the science with your politics. Politics and the feels aren't trying to drag older generations out an antiquated age... Money is. There is money to be made by producing renewables. Air is free. Sunlight is free. Hydro is free. Sure, initial investment is considerable, but maintenance is cheaper, and fuel is free. It's the same drive that lead to clean coal and natural gas power. Cheaper and more efficient. Money is driving the change as it drives everything, not politics.

Democrats just sell the good feels just as republicans sell the fear. Industry wants to sell energy.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of the oddness of the first original dodge charger "fastback" I saw in what, about 1965. My GF and I caught a time when we could at least check out what the functionality might be parked somewhere off the beaten path with her checking out the back on a showroom floor. (she said she did not leave footprints on the headliner) I later purchased a Chevelle station wagon I put a stout 327 with a 4 speed in. You guys keep my mind wandering. I have yet to see a picture of what size and what the "Pickup" bed looks like on this electric thing.

960x0.jpg

Musk give approval to camping option.

tesla-cybertruck.jpg

Comparison in size to an F150 Super Crew

tesla-cybertruck-vs-ford-f150.jpg

Might be fun trying to park that thing in a mall parking lot. Person might have to do a bit of walking to get into the stores.

Latest posts

Top Bottom