Things not to say ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year all the lights in and on my Rabbit died suddenly at a traffic light. Over the next few weeks I pulled everything but my seat and steering wheel out troubleshooting the fault. It was winter, and I got stuck at work a few too many minutes and had to drive home in the dark.

Sure enough, I got pulled over, and as the officer walked up to the car he could hardly believe it actually ran on its own. He was also surprised that I did in fact carry full coverage insurance, and that my non-lit tag was current. I explained my wiring mystery, and regret at being caught out after dark.

A few minutes later he returned, and informed me that I was being cited for no tag light, and that it carried a fine of $300. I wasn't angry with him at all, but a little bummed out, and thought to myself "man, I don't even have $300 in this whole car!" He stood there for a few seconds watching me looking miserable, then blurted out "Just messin' with ya! But head straight home, and try to get those lights working soon."

That's awesome! I lol'd hard.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite comes from my late grandmother who was taking us to the store one day when she got pulled over for speeding.

"Officer I did not mean to speed, my stocking slipped down my leg and was weighing down the gas peddle."

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just figure you never go more than 10% over the speed limit and you should be fine.

I did a lot of work with the officers of the notorious speed trap in Calera OK. Every one of them said something to the effect of "go pull any 100 tickets and I guarantee you 99 of them were stopped for doing more than 10 over."

So I've been on the 10% rule for a long time... been pulled over 8-9 times but never even had to sign anything. Verbal reprimand and then release.

Latest posts

Top Bottom