Things you see in appliance repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot cans of shaving cream before, but haven't tried silly string. Also after Christmas I usually buy a couple boxes of the snow in a can stuff for about 25 cents each at walmart. they explode pretty good. one idea I've been thinking about is putting 5 or 6 cans of shaving cream in my bowling ball launcher with a pound of tannerite under them and see what happens! lol
Heck ya! Waiting!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had anything like that explode in a fire enough to worry me but have a couple stories from burning trash. Around 14 or so we moved out to a rural area and the burn pit, yes pit, was about 1.5 miles from the house. I guess it was about 25 feet across by 15 feet. Walls were sloped but it was a good ten feet deep at the lowest point. Anyway the rats moved into the dirt pile and were feeding off of the trash as it was only burned off every couple months. Had some friends there and told them you could boil water in a paper cup or a plastic container. Was told to prove it.... So got a plastic soda bottle and cut the top off of it and being in the middle of nowhere let natures call fill it up. Set it in the fire and let it boil. Not long after the rats started to vacate the area and watched a ton of them charge right in to the fire. One that nearly made it was picked up by a friend and then boiled in a plastic container after they filled it up. Looking back it's crazy what some kids would do.

A few years later on a different property and the burn pit was an old in ground grain silo. Needed to be filled in and had been used that way for many years before we got there. An old mulberry tree grew next to it and was probably about 60 feet tall. Anyway trash was burned about once a month and at one point in time my great uncle had gotten a bunch of the cable spools, each one probably about 10 feet in diameter. I think 15 or 20 were sitting in an area and we rolled them up the hill ready to be burned off with the trash. Trash was started and got going pretty well and then the first spool went in. Before long it was burning pretty good so a second and third went in. By the end of the night all of them had gone in the silo so you can imagine that sucker was burning pretty hot. That old mulberry tree was not taking it too well though, the top 30 feet or so had slowly smoldered and burned off and the side near the pit was pretty well charred and burnt up. The heat that came off of that burn was crazy and it ended up burning/smoldering for another three or four days afterwards. The tree survived but not all that well and I don't think it ever had berries on it again while I lived there.

There were always cans and such in the pit and silo but they were pretty well empty and buried under so much stuff that it never became an issue. Shoot the silo was used to dispose of a bunch of old tires as well at one point and once a dozen or so of those got going you couldn't get within 20 feet of that hole but nothing was hotter than all those spools going in and flames going 40 feet into the air.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in the story. Water encased caused a bit of a problem?

Holy Batman!! At first, I thought I was being shelled by mortars! Had three of them go off. Pop Rocks ain't got nothin' on the real deal.

After the first one exploded, we moved the rest of them away from the fire. Two more of them did the deed a couple minutes after they were moved. Glad we weren't sitting any closer to the fire! I always examine the ring rocks now......

Latest posts

Top Bottom