Thinkin' 'bout switchin' over to Rugers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i have sr9 2 lcp's and an lcr and a gp100 and i love em all oh and a 10/22. 2 of those are for the wife but i have more rugers in the safe than anything else.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE:

First of all, I appreciate everybody's comments and ideas.

A lot of you suggested that I forget about the Rugers. So I did.

Then, some more of you suggested that I keep the Bodyguard and buy an M&P. Again...I did. Sorta.

I did keep the model 38 Airweight Bodyguard. For now. I might be leaning towards a no lock 442 in the very near future if anybody has one they wanna trade. :naughty: But for now, I do have a new pistol in the mail headed my way. :w000t:

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

I really, really like the Smith & Wesson M&P, but I saw a few revues on the SD40 and even picked one up at my local toystore and played around with it.

"But...it's just a refined Sigma!" most guys will say. Not true. I've owned a Sigma before (twice actually) and while I still say the Sigma will do everything a Glock or XD or yes, even an M&P will do, I saw this little guy and couldn't help but think to myself that this is what happens when a Sigma and an M&P get together and spend a wild weekend together! :naughty: The Sigma/M&P love child!

Anyway.

I read and watched a few revues and really fell in love with this pistol. By getting it instead of an M&P, I saved enough money (around 100 bucks!) to do the unthinkable. I bought an accessory that I said I would NEVER own... :hellno:

[Broken External Image]

With the deniro I saved by buying the SD40 instead of the M&P, I bought this light as well.

The reason I chose this light over a couple of others (Insight X2 and Streamlight TLR-3) was again, the price (hey! I gotta pay the :censored:ING IRS $1400 next month! Money is tight! :grumble:) but I also like it's design. Instead of having a toggle that you rotate either up or down for momentary light, it has ambi push buttons similar to a mag release button. For constant on, there is a toggle swith on the bottom of the unit.

You can see a 360 view of it here: http://www.batteryjunction.com/smith-wesson-micro90.html

It claims to have 90 lumens of white LED light for close to 2+ hours. That's plenty for me. Plus, I like the fact that it is a Smith & Wesson brand light. :thumb:

Anyway, there you have it. My latest gun decision. Aw hell...who knows...I might just have a keeper here. :lookaroun

Now I just gotta find a holster. :pissed:

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned an S&W 642 and a 442. I have a Taurus Ultra Lite. Last week I bought a Ruger LCR 357 Mag and I like it best of the bunch. The Hogue grips make it a little harder to conceal, but they sure tame perceived recoil. For whatever reason, I can shoot the Ruger more accurately than the others. I put an XS front sight on it last night which I expect to improve the sight picture for my tired old eyes. To me, the trigger is at least as smooth as the Smiths.

Latest posts

Top Bottom