Thoughts on this stance by Donald Trump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.jpost.com/landedpages/printarticle.aspx?id=415079

In a telephone interview with CNN Tuesday, Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump said that under the auspices of the Iran nuclear agreement, if Israel were to attack the Islamic Republic, the United States would have to come to the Tehran's aid.

Trump has vocally opposed the deal since announcing his run for president, saying that the United States "should have doubled up the sanctions for another couple of months" and that the 24-day notice Iran receives before sites can be inspected is unacceptable.

But Trump added an unconventional twist to the opposition argument, suggesting that under the terms of the deal the United States was required to fight alongside Iran if Israel were to attack.

"You know, there is something in the Iran deal that people I don't think really understand or know about," the real estate mogul said. "And nobody is ever to explain it that if somebody attacks Iran, we have to come to their defense."

Trump added, "And I'm saying this - that includes Israel? And most people say, yes. So, if Israel attacks Iran according to that deal, I believe... that we have to fight with Iran against Israel."

In one of its annexes, the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action calls for cooperation by Western powers with Iran on nuclear safety "as appropriate." Such cooperation may include training and workshops for Iran to ward against sabotage of its declared, legal civilian nuclear facilities.

Nowhere in the agreement, however, is the United States or any other party required to come to the defense of Iran should the country be attacked.

On Wednesday, the Obama administration secured the support of 34 senators for its landmark nuclear agreement with Iran, ensuring its safe passage through a vote scheduled in Congress this month.

Senator Barbara Mikulski, Democrat from Maryland, announced her support for the deal on Wednesday morning. She followed announcements from two Democratic colleagues, senators Chris Coons of Delaware and Bob Casey, Jr. from Pennsylvania, the previous day.

Congress may still vote and pass a resolution disapproving of the deal when it reconvenes next week.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the Trumpster is about done...he's been shooting at his foot for quite a while and finally got a hit....while talking about Carly Fiorina he said - look at her, who would vote for that ??

his never admit a mistake attitude and abrasive NYC mannerisms mean he will only dig that hole deeper...farewell Donald you did yourself in....

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the Trumpster is about done...he's been shooting at his foot for quite a while and finally got a hit....while talking about Carly Fiorina he said - look at her, who would vote for that ??

his never admit a mistake attitude and abrasive NYC mannerisms mean he will only dig that hole deeper...farewell Donald you did yourself in....
I dont think hes done...yet.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think he is alone in his interpretation of the deal. I have read in other places, where other authors have asserted that the US has committed to defending Iran from all attackers, including Israel, as part of the deal. I haven't read all the particulars of this deal, but what little I know stinks to high heaven. The president has committed us to a terrible deal that virtually ensures a Mid-East nuclear arms race that will probably end with someone popping off a nuke in the next few years.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think he is alone in his interpretation of the deal. I have read in other places, where other authors have asserted that the US has committed to defending Iran from all attackers, including Israel, as part of the deal. I haven't read all the particulars of this deal, but what little I know stinks to high heaven. The president has committed us to a terrible deal that virtually ensures a Mid-East nuclear arms race that will probably end with someone popping off a nuke in the next few years.
One thing that I say about this is it isn't just Omoron that did this, the rest of congress has backed it too. I don't know what they believe this is gonna do to help us. I can't believe people in this country aren't outraged over it. Wait a minute, forget that last comment. Nobody in this country cares. They'll just go about their lives pretending our country is perfect and incapable of collapse.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing that I say about this is it isn't just Omoron that did this, the rest of congress has backed it too. I don't know what they believe this is gonna do to help us. I can't believe people in this country aren't outraged over it. Wait a minute, forget that last comment. Nobody in this country cares. They'll just go about their lives pretending our country is perfect and incapable of collapse.
You act like we single handedly did this. Nothing is further from the truth. The US is about 1/10th of the vote so had we said no, it would have still happened thus pissing off the other big countries that we make bookoos of money from in oil and trade. So Broncobama chose the lesser evil. No defending him cause I hate the prick but...

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Follow the money. I think you will find our representatives' votes have been bought and paid on this and most every other issue. The corruption of our elected leadership is in an advanced stage. It's quite sophisticated. To the point that kabuki theatre is performed and representatives allowed to "vote their districts" once enough votes have been gathered to ensure passage of the issue.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Follow the money. I think you will find our representatives' votes have been bought and paid on this and most every other issue. The corruption of our elected leadership is in an advanced stage. It's quite sophisticated. To the point that kabuki theatre is performed and representatives allowed to "vote their districts" once enough votes have been gathered to ensure passage of the issue.

Well said. 100% correct.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should have put a stop to Iran back when they attacked the embassy. The idea that they can inspect themselves is crazy as a pet coon. I think with their refusal of inspections we need to drop several B1 Bombers full of bunker busters on every place they could hide their crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom