Three Years With a Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never had a Braum's hot link, but the Mountain View links are amazing.

They're not the hottest ever, but the flavor and quality is so much better than any other hot link I've ever had. Much more like a sausage than spicy bologna.
That sounds good. The Braums ones are not so spicy that they're uncomfortable. I didn't mind them at all - on the way IN. On the way OUT was a whole different story. And believe me, nothing else has given me that problem. No other hotlinks, plain straight jalapenos, cooked or raw, smoked, whatever.

But those Braums hotlinks.... something changed while they were being digested.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That sounds good. The Braums ones are not so spicy that they're uncomfortable. I didn't mind them at all - on the way IN. On the way OUT was a whole different story. And believe me, nothing else has given me that problem. No other hotlinks, plain straight jalapenos, cooked or raw, smoked, whatever.

LOL!!

I think Reasors carries the Mountain View links now. At least the one in Claremore does now.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Always good for a laugh...

I ain't NEVER eatin' them damn Braums ones again! NEVER!!!!!!Those things put me in so much hurt, I thought I needed some ice for my rear end!

I'd say I would try the Mountain View ones, but anyone who likes the Braums ones is automatically suspect in their evaluation, in my opinion!!!

Heathen! Girly-man! Scalawag!

I've never had a Braum's hot link, but the Mountain View links are amazing.

They're not the hottest ever, but the flavor and quality is so much better than any other hot link I've ever had. Much more like a sausage than spicy bologna.

And that, my dear sir, is why they run a close second to the Braums Link; which is indeed, the superior sausage, for those with a discriminating palate.

By the way, in response to the statement made by Mr. Shoddy above:

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, it's a Kahr".
Moonie.jpg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well you were in Braums, so buy something frozen and eat it after you eat the hot links. That way the next morning while you're on the throne you can holler, come on ice cream !!!

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the wife a G43 about a year ago, to keep her from stealing my PM9. It's a fine little pistol. Reasonably accurate and goes bang with whatever you feed it. She also has a G42, but chooses to carry the 43.

I bought a P365 last Monday. The size and capacity gives me a gun that's a hair bigger than the PM9, and a hair smaller than the G43. I like the trigger. I like the capacity. But that's about it. Some guns are so fun to shoot that they make you giggle a little bit. The P365 (for me) isn't one of them. I like shooting the Glock just as well, and the Kahr better. With the +1 Pearce extension on the 43, it's only giving up 3 rounds to the Sig. I asked the wife if she wanted a P365 too, and she said she's happy with the G43.

I kind of figured the folks that thought the used market would be flush with used G43s because of the P365 had a point. I still do, but now that I've shot the Sig, I wouldn't necessarily get rid of a 43 to get one.
Keep an eye on the P365 firing pin/striker as some are breaking. It's a MIM part made in India according to the Sig forums (that topic is now gone). I would replace it with a steel one. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/P365-Broken-Striker-Warning/14-182363/
sSvWiKu.jpg

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Glock 43 for about a month, I could not shoot it straight for some reason, my wife had no problems with the gun. I sold it and picked up a shield which I now carry daily. My wife loved the 43 and still gives me crap for dumping it. I finally convinced her to get a Shield 380 EZ after she checked them out at the NRA show.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the P365 firing pin/striker as some are breaking. It's a MIM part made in India according to the Sig forums (that topic is now gone). I would replace it with a steel one. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/P365-Broken-Striker-Warning/14-182363/
sSvWiKu.jpg

I saw that. I also read that Sig identified the problem as a bad batch of parts and has corrected it. We'll wait and see, I guess. You get a couple of guys posting in a few forums, and a whole lot of guys reposting; and there's a manufactured crisis. How many Glocks really went "Kaboom"? According to the interwebz, pretty much all of them.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Glock 43 for about a month, I could not shoot it straight for some reason, my wife had no problems with the gun. I sold it and picked up a shield which I now carry daily. My wife loved the 43 and still gives me crap for dumping it. I finally convinced her to get a Shield 380 EZ after she checked them out at the NRA show.

:scratch: So why did you feel it necessary to finally convince her to get a Shield .380 EZ if she had no problems with the G43? Less power out of the danger end? So you could spend more money on ammo? I get it that some people prefer the Shield to the 43, just as some like the PPS, some will stick with J-Frames, a few with the Kahrs, the nano-nano, and some, like poor old saddlebum, will just break their new P365 and/or trade whatever they have off anyway.
:comfort:

Latest posts

Top Bottom