Three Years With a Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine broke

RM.JPG Mine didn't.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that. I also read that Sig identified the problem as a bad batch of parts and has corrected it. We'll wait and see, I guess. You get a couple of guys posting in a few forums, and a whole lot of guys reposting; and there's a manufactured crisis. How many Glocks really went "Kaboom"? According to the interwebz, pretty much all of them.
Last estimate on a poll on the Sig forum was approx. 15% were breaking. Sig refuses to say which guns are affected by the bad batch which makes no sense to me. They just say if it breaks they will replace it. I would buy the steel replacement firing pin/striker. It's a self defense gun so I would want to be sure it worked.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last estimate on a poll on the Sig forum was approx. 15% were breaking. Sig refuses to say which guns are affected by the bad batch which makes no sense to me. They just say if it breaks they will replace it. I would buy the steel replacement firing pin/striker. It's a self defense gun so I would want to be sure it worked.

I think it's something to keep an eye on, but I suspect it's also overblown. There are plenty of reports of Glock firing pins breaking too. I'll still carry one though. I'll also consider a steel replacement if anyone comes out with them.

G19 Gen4 broken firing pin
Glock OEM pin will fail you
Gen 3&4 Glocks have MIM firing pins
Glock 34 broken firing pin
Palm Beach sheriff says Glock firing pins breaking and not reliable

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
:scratch: So why did you feel it necessary to finally convince her to get a Shield .380 EZ if she had no problems with the G43? Less power out of the danger end? So you could spend more money on ammo? I get it that some people prefer the Shield to the 43, just as some like the PPS, some will stick with J-Frames, a few with the Kahrs, the nano-nano, and some, like poor old saddlebum, will just break their new P365 and/or trade whatever they have off anyway.
:comfort:
She has trouble racking slides and loading ammo, the 380 ez is a lot easier for her on both aspects. It also has more safety features that are ideal for a purse gun. I would have bought her a G43 awhile ago but I don't think she would practice with it or carry it much. She's much more likely to do both with the Shield. I get my 380 ammo for around 20 cents a round, about the same as the 9mm range ammo that I like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom