thunder valley...what are you thinking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are thinking that it is their property to post as they please. I don't know if auto racing is considered a professional sporting event. I would like to know actually as I corner work the CMRA races at hallet from time to time and it includes pro and amateur riders.

I don't know about drag racing but I have seen tempers flare in the pits at the JRP oval track and at Hallet when one driver thinks another driver did them dirty, to the point that the fight starts out with them swinging break over bars at each other.

Blind Horologist

New to the site!
Reaction score
They are thinking that it is their property to post as they please. I don't know if auto racing is considered a professional sporting event. I would like to know actually as I corner work the CMRA races at hallet from time to time and it includes pro and amateur riders.

I don't know about drag racing but I have seen tempers flare in the pits at the JRP oval track and at Hallet when one driver thinks another driver did them dirty, to the point that the fight starts out with them swinging break over bars at each other.

Auto racing most definitely is a professional sporting event. Some of the highest paid athletes in the world drive cars. If you went to Thunder Valley on a day when they're running an actual event, like an IHRA race or something that's paying out money to the winners, then I'd question being able to carry during those times. I think what they're trying to avoid is the nights where you have 200 lowered Civics running 18 second quarter miles and wanna-be tough guys bringing in their gats. Even if they could read the sign, they wouldn't care.

It got to the point in Las Vegas where on nights where they had "Midnight Mayhem" (an event to get street racers to the drag strip) that you had to have the wand waved over you before you could get in.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want the Oklahoma statute defining a professional sporting event, I don't have time to research all day but at one time Oklahoma had a law on the books that banned promoters from advertising professional wrestling as a sporting event (Which it isn't).

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out at the local roundy-round dirt track there used to be a joke along the lines of, "I went to the Saturday night fights, and while I was there a race broke out". Those guys generally brought more beer to the track (by volume) than gasoline. I can see why someone would not want those guys packing heat. Drag racers, in my day anyway, at least appeared sober. I haven't been to Thunder Valley since 2001, but it doesn't look like I'll be going there again. Perhaps if enough people protest....
Ron

Latest posts

Top Bottom