thunder valley...what are you thinking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't concealed carry prohibited at professional sporting events?

Those guys are racing for money - that makes it a professional event.

A.
It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to
the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following
places:
[...]
Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;

I guess if your weapon isn't a handgun carried pursuant to the authority of the SDA then you would be ok.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thunder Valley does not have an arena, and only at certain times are there "professional" races taking place. Most of the time it's amateur type stuff, even if there is a prize or money at stake, that isn't considered a professional race

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't concealed carry prohibited at professional sporting events?

Those guys are racing for money - that makes it a professional event.

I was under the impression that most of the time, guys pay to race there(would not be a pro sporting event), and occasionally they have a sponsored event(could be considered a pro sporting event), haven't been in forever though so I don't know for sure...

EDIT: Looks like Relentless beat me to it...

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe it will. Private property, make your own rules kind of thing.

Yes, if it's a business benefiting the gov. through taxes or tourist income, open container is illegal but was allowed through discretion by Tulsa at NCAA tournament. On the other hand you can be hauled into court for the condition of your backyard, (see other thread) your private property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom