Thunder vs Grizzlies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking maybe the shooting slump is over... for everyone. I think Durant was 5 of 5 from beyond the arc last night? At least at one point he was, not sure if that was how he finished, but I didn't see him miss one. Everyone was firing on all cylinders for once, thank God!

Roll on the momentum, guys!

Clips gonna be tough, though, no doubt. Jordan and Griffin in the middle are scary together. I hope we can hold our composure together. We'll see, tomorrow night!!!! :D

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking maybe the shooting slump is over... for everyone. I think Durant was 5 of 5 from beyond the arc last night? At least at one point he was, not sure if that was how he finished, but I didn't see him miss one. Everyone was firing on all cylinders for once, thank God!

Roll on the momentum, guys!

Clips gonna be tough, though, no doubt. Jordan and Griffin in the middle are scary together. I hope we can hold our composure together. We'll see, tomorrow night!!!! :D
\

Jordan, Griffin, CP...heck the 3 are scary! I am glad we got the Clippers though. Golden State is a shoot out team, and I don't think we could have kept up with them on a night both Curry and Thompson were hitting, they are ruthless on 3's. Perkins and Adams are going to have their hands full on Jordan, Ibaka is the only person in the league that CAN guard Blake (that's why they always get in fights). The big thing is they have no one to guard Russ. CP has a hamstring injury, and can't run fast enough right now to keep up with a healthy RW, and he's the only person on the Clip's that has a chance. This game, IMO, will be won/lost by Perkins/Adams/Collison/Ibaka (big's). If they can't effectively shut down the Lob City (Griffin & Jordan duo) the series will be much more difficult. There's going to be lot's of foul's down low, and a few tech's. Ibaka and Perk will probably both pick up tech's at least once in the series. It's going to be big time physical down low. Wouldn't surprise me if we have to go deep in bring in Hasheem due to foul issues either.

Prediction: Perk and Ibaka hold their own against Lob City, and we bang it out in 6 games for the win. Russ is going to have a hay day since they have no one that can guard him right now. The game will be won/lost in the paint though.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think we will bang it out in 6, but we will take the series. I agree with you about win/lose in the paint, excat ...

Well, that's the thing, IF we handle the paint, it's an easy win for us, even with it being CP (the #2 point guard in all of the NBA) leading the other team. They can make some 3's, but they are like us, hit and miss. Golden State on the other hand, every starting 5 players is a 3 point weapon, they will be scary good next year if they can get some defense. If we run Perk/Ibaka/Reggie or Butler/Westbook/Durant lineup again (our best line up at that), they only have 3 defenders, one of which being Jordan which Perk will be stuck to like glue. That is going to always leave 2 open to shoot. 6 games. 1 home and 1 road loss. This game is Westbrook's chance to really shine on facilitating plays and getting the ball where it needs to be. Going to be lots of fouls though, especially against us. Thankfully, Jordan is a HORRIBLE free throw shot.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOTS of fouls. WHOLE LOTS. And technicals, yes. A number foul-outs, I think, on both sides.

Seeing Ibaka AND Jordan playing reject-city will be entertaining, and Adams is getting into that mode, too! :D

I love the Lob City style... we can do that with Durant, a little with Ibaka, but no one does it like Griffin and Jordan being fed from Chris Paul. Tomorrow night, baby!

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me too. I just hope they take the fight into the paint and not get into a shootout with fallaway jumpers and threes. The paint IS where it will be won or lost...

I doubt we'll have huge paint numbers. Our paint scoring will come from Russ/Reggie rushing the rim, KD getting free on the backside, or a few dishes to Perk for a slam. Aside from that, it's going to be a lot of baseline jumpers, hopefully not a lot of 3's (wincing at the thought of that one!), and maybe the occasional baseline cut. IF the pick and roll works for Ibaka and can get free from Griffin, I don't expect it to work long, Doc Rivers is a great coach, and he changes things up fast when they aren't working.

I think this game is going to be a lot on coaching and changing stuff up on the fly, too. Who ever can keep changing to defend what is working for the other team and counter it, will definitely have the upper hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom