Time for our last ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Real hard to let one go like that. We have an old dog that keeps on ticking, he's 16 years old. Just when we think he's going he back to normal. Know it will happen one of these days but as long as he's in no pain and eats good and does his duty outside we'll have to wait for that day. Once again, sorry to hear about your loss of a good buddy.

Thats how we knew it was time. He loves being in the house and will stay in for a solid 24 hour period but always wants to go outside to do his buisness at least once a day. this time hadn't ate or drank in over 2 days and in those 2 days wont get up to even go across the room much less go do his buisness. He just finally hurt to much to move.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't say anything that hasn't already been said here. Telling you you did the right thing doesn't make it any less painful right now. Hold on to the memories.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not owned any dogs since I was in my teens. It is just too hard, I dealt with that once and can not do it again.

Not to derail this very sad thread, but after my first dog had to be put to sleep after 14 1/2 years, I swore I would never have another dog. Eight years later, I got my dad's three Labs after he passed away, and a year after that, I had to put one down - cancer. But this time, I only waited a few months before adopting another dog, and later, a fourth. My only regret is that I did not give a needy dog a home much sooner after my first dog passed away. Saddens me to think of how I could have made such a positive difference in one or more dogs' lives during those eight years.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry for your loss its is a sad deal but you made the right choice. I will soon be in that place my old pointer 13 she is having a hard time the fall, prayers sent

Latest posts

Top Bottom