Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I know that. It's just anytime a person tells me they have a record, that means conviction, not arrest history.

Dunno. All I know about that comes from watching old cop shows, and you know how true to life they are.

Well, I guess they're at least as accurate as the modern news machines, anyway...

There are, in a sense, two different records. One is an arrest record and the other is a conviction record. Police can look at both to see if someone "has a pattern" of arrests when examining that someone's likelihood of having committed a crime.

While one might not ever get a "conviction," generally, their arrest record is there permanently. Having worked at the OSBI and dealing with criminal records, I've seen thousands and thousands of arrests that were never filed on and taken to court.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe if his attorney went back to the judge and gave him a sad puppy eyed dog look, he could convince the judge that the cash only bail and sleeping on a cold floor was punitive and cruel punishment in nature and get him released. His attorney was on the news last night making his statement and I wasn’t impressed.

I did see a picture of him in Twin Peaks with his rifle and he also had a pistol on his hip. I also think carrying a long gun inside any place or strolling around a public place “auditing” is not a smart thing to do. If he was after his “ten minutes of fame” he got it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His lawyers have filed a petition for a writ of habeas corpus...

In English I believe that means they contesting his confinement with such a high, cash only, bond.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This reminds me of that girl in Texas who got pulled over for failure to signal, got arrested for lighting a cigarette in her own car, couldn't make bail, and got so depressed she committed suicide.

If you caint make bail you gonna sit in jail.
That's just the way it is.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His layers have filed a petition for a writ of habeas corpus...

In English I believe that means they contesting his confinement with such a high, cash only, bond.

It’s odd that there is not an attorney listed on this filing.

That is one use of the petition, for excessive bond. It is mostly defined as producing the accused and show the court the valid reason for their being held.

It is fairly rare for this to be filed. Notice it is only the 3rd to be filed this year in Oklahoma County.

I would think the actual charge being filed should show up today.

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JUDGE ELLIOTT: THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN CUSTODY WITH ATTORNEYS DOUGLAS PARR, ROBERT ROBLES, & MATTHEW SHELTON. THE STATE APPEARS BY ADA DAVID PRATER & JIMMY HARMON. THIS MATTER COMES ON FOR HEARING ON THE DEFENDAN'T MOTION FOR BOND REDUCTION; THE DEFENSE CALLS NO WITNESSES & ADMITS EXHIBITS; THE STATE CALLS (1) WITNESS & ADMITS EXHIBITS; ARGUMENTS ARE HEARD; THE COURT DENIES THE MOTION TO REDUCE BOND BUT SUSTAINS THE MOTION THAT THE DEFENDANT CAN POST A SURETY, CASH, OR PROPERTY BOND. BOTH PARTIES AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS SHOULD THE DEFENDANT POST BOND:
1) ACCUSED SHALL NOT POSSESS ANY FIREARM
2) ACUSED SHALL NOT POST ON SOCAIL MEDIA REGARDING FIREARMS OR PENDING CHARGES
3) NO COMMUNICATIONS BY ACCUSED WITH MEDIA
4) NO ATTENDANCE OR SPEAKING AT PUBLIC EVENTS
5) NO ATTENDANCE AT GUNSHOWS OR GUN STORES
6) ACCUSED TO BE GPS ANKLE MONITORED
7) ACCUSED TO SURRENDER ALL FIREARMS BELONGING TO ACCUSED TO LEGAL COUNSEL
COMMITMENT ISSUED. COURT REPORTER CINDY JONES PRESENT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom