Timothy Harper arrested..... finally! Idiot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He (and his personal paparazzi) are their own worst enemies.

It’s been said many times that he has been portraying a very bad example for the pro gun community. You don’t gain support for a cause by rubbing everyones nose in it. The key to support for a cause is how you present it to others. Encourage support, don’t force it.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum, and I 100% agree with this last statement, but I do have to agree with a large majority of gun owners that his actions as an auditor were not appropriate and did not help the cause.
When His "audit" at the restaurant hit the national news which always takes incidents like that in a negative manner, it doesn't help gunowners.
There are many other ways to "educate" the public and LEO that were brought up in the thread. He could have set up a booth, posted signs, and offered to "educate" to those that want educated and maybe inform those that are on the fence.
But, he chose to use shock therapy on the public and went into an area where he was not educated on current gun laws in the state of Oklahoma. Before one attempts to educate, they should be educated.
Thanks for welcoming me and i agree.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
Next time I go to pull one of the neighbors trucks out of a mud hole I’m gonna hook the jerkrope to their side mirror. When I rip the mirror off and they are still stuck, they better not complain! I was trying to help!
That does not sound very helpful. But if your neighbor says, "Hey, let me help you destroy this truck," and then goes and rips off the other mirror, i'm almost positive he'd better not complain.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
There is a saying out there that I've found to be very true.
It's not up to LEO to educate you about the law. It's a persons personal responsibility to make sure they are in compliance with any law, be it a gun law or a traffic law before they venture into that venue.
That's the beauty of forums like this. We had folks that didn't know that anomaly just as well as Harper, but it took some discussion and careful reading of the regulations so we all became informed.
It's a shame those laws are written in legalese and not plain language, but it is what it is and we have to understand that when researching our legal actions.
It is what it is but does not and should not stay that way. It is up to us to make sure these laws get changed. A law that makes a felon out of a citizen for carrying something into a restaurant that he is allowed to carry almost anywhere else is cause for concern among anybody who values liberty.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Response to Gunbuffer:
No, he had no excuse. I hope some responsible gun owners tried to reason with him. Hopefully he learned his lesson. But we also have no excuse to bash each other on a forum which can be seen by the public.

I disagree.

I want the public to know that the majority of gun owners find Tim Harper’s actions unacceptable.

Some did try to reason with him:

“Harper said he has heard from other gun owners who have cautioned against his approach, but is not deterred.”

This was from an news article in October 2018.

Last edited:

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
This post lost all credibility in the 2nd and 3rd run-on sentences. You can’t say he’s been “harmful to the cause” and turn around and say “at least he’s doing something.“
Credibility or not, it's good advice and maybe you should listen.
Not everything he's done has been harmful. Much of what he's done and the way he's gone about it has been. But good or bad, right or wrong, smart or stupid, he tried. He was out there. What are we all doing? In most cases nothing. Maybe we should be trying to educate him and others like him, showing them the right way to go about things. But throwing him under the bus before the eyes of our enemies because of his stupid mistakes is also not helpful to the cause. In fact it is down right harmful! Maybe more harmful than Harper's actions.
When our enemies watch his videos what do they see in there minds? They see "one of them crazy idiot gun fanatics." But only the most brainless among them can teally think what they see is representative of the typical gun owner. What do they see when they read this forum? They see dissention in the ranks. They see division. They see how easy it may be to pick us off one by one, sow discord among us, and to divide and conquer.

Plinker59

Marksman
Reaction score
I disagree.

I want the public to know that the majority of gun owners find Tim Harper’s actions unacceptable.

Some did try to reason with him:

“Harper said he has heard from other gun owners who have cautioned against his approach, but is not deterred.”

This was from an news article in October 2018.
I completely agree with showing the public we find his actions unacceptable.
I do not agree with the way some go about it.
To say we hope a gun owner loses his rights and goes to prison for being an idiot and all the vicious dialogue is not the way to go about it.
I am not saying you were one of them. I haven't paid attention to who said what.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What do they see when they read this forum? They see dissention in the ranks. They see division. They see how easy it may be to pick us off one by one, sow discord among us, and to divide and conquer.

If they have half a brain, they would see that the majority of gun owners are against stupidity with guns/gun rights and there are better ways to educate the masses which don't cause shock or fear to the public.

Latest posts

Top Bottom