To Quit or To Quit Quitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brnm8brn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So many times i have tried to quit smoking over the last 20 years and it never failed that within a few days i was back to a pack a day, until recently i am cheating a bit tho. I purchased an e-cig from okc vapes, she is local out of bethany, anyways long story short i purchased my kit from her and now it has been almost 3 weeks since i last purchased a pack of marlboro lights. I guess my main reason behind this post is have any of you taken this route and if so have you succeeded or failed, and why, Thank you

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you haven't lite a cigg in 3 weeks? Good for you. Now you have to find a way to quit the e-ciggs. That's the same thing I'm gonna try soon...... Once I get my e-cigg. I hear you can get them with 0% nicotine. I have a customer who's gone 8 months with out a real cigg. He switched to e-ciggs, he told me he feels healthier. Hope it works out for you.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats to you for trying (and hopefully succeeding) to quit. I've read many of the accounts on this forum of smokers wanting to be ex-smokers and it seems like a difficult task. My mom smoked when I was a kid and I suppose that was the best anti-smoking thing that she could have done for us. Never wanted to mess with the stuff.

brnm8brn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that is one of the great things about this method is that you can drop the nicotine levels slowly to eventually break that habit, however i am glad that my poison level has dropped to one ingredient instead of thousands, and my next round of liquids i can drop the nicotine level and so on and so on.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you for quitting, keep doing the best you can. I promise it is worth it. I never did the e-cigs, but quit many times. I then went to cigars and loved those things, but they were harder on me than cigarettes. I watched my father and his father die from COPD, the commercials are true and I hated watching my dad go through that. We lost him 2 years ago this coming August. What was ironic is I started smoking again after his death, but I am not smoking now. Keep trying bro, your health will thank you.

brnm8brn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow that truly sucks and i am sorry to hear that, truth be told those commercials are working, because that is what got me to thinking about this whole thing, that and the fact that i have 3 kids now and am tired of them seeing me with a cig in my hand and one day hopefully even the e cig will be gone. Again sorry to hear about your family never is or ever will be easy

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its all good bro, that is life. I just made a decision that i want my kids to have more time with me than i had with my dad. Its hard as heck to quit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive been a quitter for 20+ years. Ive tried about everthing and still smoke. E-cigs did work for awhile, patches worked awhile too.

What works for me best is to stay away from anyone that smokes. Cant smoke em if nobody has em. That and stay super busy.

brnm8brn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been a quitter for 20+ years. Ive tried about everthing and still smoke. E-cigs did work for awhile, patches worked awhile too.

What works for me best is to stay away from anyone that smokes. Cant smoke em if nobody has em. That and stay super busy.

so how long did the e-cigs word and why did you go back any feed back is appreciated as i do not want to go back

Latest posts

Top Bottom