Today is also "Hug A Vegetarian Day."

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cousin was a vegetarian. My dad used to give her all kinds of grief and tell her that global warming was all her fault. He, however, did his part to reduce methane emissions and save the world by eating a cow or two every week or so ... LOL

Nevermind that if he didn't eat beef we would be up to our necks in "waste products" ...

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We eat too much, we eat stuff that can't even pass for food, we are almost entirely sedentary......and then we try to find one or two things to blame our unhealthiness on.

It's the American way.

Looks like India is supposed to carry the torch starting this year. Do we lead in fatassism?

I wasn't referring to the statistics. I was countering the fact that red meat is what causes heart disease rates in America to be higher than other countries. It's not that simple. In fact, I'll never be convinced there is a link between meat and heart disease. Not a direct one anyways. The people in the land of the ice and snow never had the same problems.

We eat too much, we eat stuff that can't even pass for food, we are almost entirely sedentary......and then we try to find one or two things to blame our unhealthiness on.

It's the American way.

I forgot we smoke too much, drink too much, live surrounded by chemicals and pollution, and take every pill the TV tells us to ask our doctor for. And if the pills don't make us sick, they prolong out life expectancy higher than much of the world....old people get diseases.

American's unhealthiness is a perfect storm of a crap sandwich. We didn't get this way by eating a steak too many.

But not eating ridiculous amounts of pure crap and maybe moving every now and then would be a good start.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the whale-atarians to pop up and the inevitable aftermath. :D

NOOOOOOOO!!!! not another whale thread!!!!:hellno::hellno:

By the way, is the OP really sure this is hug a veggie day???
I just got a text that said it was send a buddy some bosom pics day?
Had some really interesting pics to go along with it:D

rahzel100

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cousin was a vegetarian. My dad used to give her all kinds of grief and tell her that global warming was all her fault. He, however, did his part to reduce methane emissions and save the world by eating a cow or two every week or so ... LOL

Nevermind that if he didn't eat beef we would be up to our necks in "waste products" ...

My cousin is a vegetarian also. Every time I see her i make sure i grab an extra piece of meat to make up for it.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to the statistics. I was countering the fact that red meat is what causes heart disease rates in America to be higher than other countries. It's not that simple. In fact, I'll never be convinced there is a link between meat and heart disease. Not a direct one anyways. The people in the land of the ice and snow never had the same problems.

I agree and disagree. There are many things that contribute to our health problems, and red meat isn't a terrible thing, but heavy doses (with little fiber) appears - through research - to contribute to heart disease and colon cancer.

I forgot we smoke too much, drink too much, live surrounded by chemicals and pollution, and take every pill the TV tells us to ask our doctor for. And if the pills don't make us sick, they prolong out life expectancy higher than much of the world....old people get diseases.

Agree completely, except that many of the diseases these days aren't just happening to "old people". A better diet with less donuts and recliners, and more veggies in conjunction with the meat would help.

As I said, I still eat red meat, but in smaller quantities. My head-scratcher is why others feel the need to make snide remarks about those who eat a vegetarian diet, thinking it must purely be from "being nice to animals". Does being a steak eater make a person a tree-hugger? Same logic. Not all plant-based dieters are PETA people. In fact, most I know aren't, and do it purely for health reasons. And most I know really couldn't give a sh*t if someone has "one more burger for them". I do....if it happens to be the last burger....

Latest posts

Top Bottom